"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

We drew straws to see who got to pick the first pumpkin.  As you can see, Cate won.

I think Anthony really loved his pumpkin.

We decided to bag the carving tools and we pulled out the big guns--the drill.  It worked great!

I have been to A LOT of class Halloween parties and I have been in charge of Halloween crafts and Halloween games.  This was BY FAR the class favorite craft I have ever brought (thank you Pinterest).  It was easy and the kids loved them.  Just make sure you get the fuzzy pipe cleaners.

Anthony as a gangster (no he did not bring the fake gun to school).


Brynn was our little pop star this year.



Brady was a rocker.


Miss Cate as Rapunzel.


Brynn's buddy, Emmory

The kids were so creative with their spiders and the colors they chose.

Spider fun.

Brynn's teacher, Mrs. Perry.

Brynn's other teacher, Mrs. Roundy.

Anthony's teacher, Mr. Hadlock

Cate had to dress up a bear to look like her costume.

Cate's teacher, Mrs. Carpenter.

We dusted off Brady's old policeman costume and went as our classic Policeman and Jailbird. 
Our throw back cotumes.

Our tribe of 5--whew!

Cate's friend, Micah.

For our trunk or treat we made prison bars in the back of our suburban.  Unfortunately, we arrived at the trunk or treat very late because we had a dead battery.

Trick or treating down State Street in Morgan--one of the best things about living here.  All of the businesses open their doors to trick or treaters.

Steph's giving out their ice cream cones.

We used color glow sticks instead of candles.


I hate to admit it, but after:  7 costumes, 3 Halloween parties, 1 craft, 30 treats, 1 trunk or treat, trick or treating with 8 kids and a dog, downing 50 fun size whoppers, 1 dead battery, 2 trips to Mountain Green, 10 trips to downtown Morgan, 1 breakfast for 7, 1 lunch for 3, 1 dinner for 7, 1 bad hair day and a screaming baby all day............I am glad Halloween is over.  I'm tired.  I will have to brace myself for it again next year.  I think next year my costume will be a housewife in pajamas because then I can just roll out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment