"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Morgan 5th Ward Mother/Daughter Overnighter

Our theme for the evening was "My Favorite Things" and it was held at Tifie Ranch/Home.  Everyone brought something under $5 that was one of their favorite things.  I brought cake bites from Sweet Tooth Fairy.  Yeah, it's a small addiction I have with those things. We had Sound of Music playing on the big screen as they walked in and as we ate.  We had lasagna, bread sticks, fruit and green salads.  After dinner we had a Mother/Grandmother/Daughter Game Show about Favorite Things.  It was really fun (thanks Linda and Carrie).  We then ventured off to our sleeping quarters and colored, painted nails and played beauty shop.  Did we sleep?  Not too much.  We are going to make this an annual event for our ward.  We all know about Father and Sons.  It's about time for a Mother and Daughters overnighter.

Here is one of the "Favorite Things" tables.

One of the cute older ladies brought this Skydiving shirt to represent the time she went skydiving.  So cute.

Our dessert table.


Playing beauty shop

Coloring and painting nails.

Games



Lights out, ladies.

This is the room we slept in.



This is where we stayed.  We had many options where you could sleep.  You could either sleep in this house (which had enough beds for about 30 people), one of the cabins, glamor tents or a teepee.  I decided to pass on the teepee.  I am glad my girls were on board with me.
One of the six (I think) cabins.

The invitations were in this "brown paper package tied up with string."


These were the posters we hung around the church to advertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment