"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Sunday, October 7, 2012

What does a comb, scissors and Conference have in common?

What does a comb, scissors and General Conference have in common?
Let me tell you.........

Have you ever seen little kids who had to cut chunks out of their hair because of something they did?  Sometimes they put gum in it, sometimes they put a wind up toy in it or sometimes they twist a fine-tooth comb in it.  Well, Brynn did the third option.  But................she did it on me!!!!! The girls decided to play "Beauty Shop" with my hair during Conference.  All of a sudden I felt something really weird going on at the top of my head.  First I felt a yank, then a jerk, then I heard "Uh oh."  When someone is coloring your hair, cutting your hair or even playing with your hair, the last words you want to hear are, "Uh oh."  Reluctantly, I reached my hand to the top of my head and felt a hairy mess.  Brynn had twisted a fine-tooth comb in my hair over and over again.  It was hard to unleash my full fury at Brynn as I was listening to Conference in the background telling me to forgive others.   Brynn started crying as I ran to the bathroom to douse my hair with conditioner to try and untangled the raveled mess.  Chad (being the good Samaritan that he is) tried to comfort Brynn.  He hugged her and said, "Brynn, it's okay, you didn't mean to."  In my head I was thinking, "Don't tell her that!  I'm glad she feels bad.  Mama not only is 50 pounds overweight from a baby, but now mama has a blasted bald spot.  Won't I look pretty now?"  :)  After 30 minutes of tears and 30 minutes of conditioner, there was no alternative but to cut the blob that I called hair.  Here are the pictures to prove it:




 

7 comments:

  1. What were you thinking...... haha
    It's all a memory now. Something that you will look back on and laugh. Just like I am laughing now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when we used to play beauty shop in your basement all the time? I'm just happy to hear the tradition is still alive and kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! I'm sure your hair looks fine. It couldn't be any worse than what I used to do to shaylee's hair when we were little :) I think she is still permanently bald in some spots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this just proves undeniably there is NOTHING you wouldn't do for your kids! You are a beautiful, wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the comb fiasco, but pretty darn funny too. You are a crack up. You are still one of the funniest people I know. Your new pics of Ethan are so so cute. I could just chew on those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think your pretty mean.

    ReplyDelete