I think today just might be one of my favorite days of the year. I LOVE when my kids get out of school because that means I get to be with them all day, every day. Each of my kiddie-coo-coo's had a great year this year. So today, I can breathe a sigh of relief.
 |
| I made an ice cream sundae kit for each of the teachers - they just needed to add ice cream. |
 |
| This is the note I put on each sundae package. |
 |
| The kids broke through this Summer Break sign. |
 |
| The finished teacher sundae gifts. |
 |
| We had our annual "School's Out Party"with our cul-de-sac at the Cannon's. Micah and Cate wore the same swim suit. Every time they jumped in the water they yelled, "Twinners!" |
 |
| A graduation breakfast. |
 |
| After the party, the kids wanted to put on jammies and watch a movie.
We had to do a Steph's ice cream run in our jammies before we watched
the movie. I love this pic of Ant and Finn in their jammies. |
 |
| Anthony's last ride on the elementary school bus. |
 |
| Brynn had two teachers this year, Mrs. Perry and Mrs. Roundy (this is Mrs. Perry). I cried as I gave each of them a hug good-bye because they were so great. Brynn had a really rough year last year and this year was wonderful. Teachers can make such a difference. I am so thankful for kind and dedicated teachers - bless you. Mrs. Perry liked to have fun with the kids and she joked with them a lot. |
 |
| This is Mrs. Roundy. She was Brynn's absolute favorite. Brynn said that Mrs. Roundy NEVER got mad at any of the kids all year. Now that is amazing for 2nd graders. I love patient teachers. |
 |
| Mr. Hadlock was Anthony's 5th grade teacher. He was full of praise and encouragement. After his class I believe Anthony feels like he can do anything or be anything. |
 |
| This is Cate's Kindergarten bus driver, Debbie. Cate got to know her very well because she had to ride the bus for a full hour to school every morning. Every day when Cate would get on the bus Debbie would say, "Well hello Miss Cate. How come I am so lucky to be driving you today? I have the best job in the world." I love great bus drivers. |
 |
| This is Cate with her daddy at the "Pops Party." |
 |
| This is Cate's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Carpenter. I am completely amazed by her. At the beginning of the school year, Mrs. Carpenter's husband passed away unexpectedly leaving her to raise two small children alone (5 and 8 years old). But, you would have never known she went through such a huge trial. I was wondering if she would be taking lots of days off or be really sad or ornery in class. I was wrong. She handled her trial with dignity and grace and she said that it was a blessing to have her students in her life because they made her happy. I am thankful to her for being a great teacher for Cate but most of all for being a great example to her of strength and courage. |
|
|
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Brady's Middle School teacher who made a huge difference in his life this year. Her name was Mrs. Wilder and she was Brady's Drama teacher. Mrs. Wilder allowed herself to be silly with her students. She got down on their level and they loved her for it.
For the record - I seem to recall us dressing as twinners quite a bit growing up. There really is nothing better than that. Maybe that is why I'm obsessed with matching Henry as much as possible.
ReplyDelete