"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A busy start to 2015


What a perfect way to start our first post of 2015 with our New Year's Baby Nephew.  Miles Robert Carnesecca was born on 1/1/15.  He was the first baby born at American Fork Hospital.

Anthony and Brynn had their first cavities filled at Greenwood Dental.  I don't know who was more disturbed by it - me or them.


Chad sent this picture to me from St. George.  He and his friends thought they were funny sending me a pic like they were snuggling.  :)

Brady and Anthony took a Parkour class.  I wasn't comfortable with the back flips they were doing.

Chad, Brady, Anthony and the Anderson's from our ward went to the car show.  Yes.........they had to take a picture of almost every car.  I have included a few.  


















Chad and I took the kids to Lowe's Trampoline Park in Provo.  I don't think a mother of five should be jumping on trampolines.  I jumped off a tower onto a trampoline thinking I was cool and my legs completely buckled under me.  The trampoline park security personnel had to ask me if I was okay.  Brady looked at me and made a big "L" on his forehead with his hand.  :)






Yes.  This is Chad waiting to do the trapeze bar into a foam pit.  It was........um........brave of him to try.  ;)






Ethan loved doing flips on the trampoline.


I thought I would try my size 10 foot on the slack line.





There he is!

Ethan loves him some Cabelas.

While Ethan and I were at Cabelas one day, he saw this man from behind and he kept yelling, "Daddy!  Daddy!"  It wasn't Daddy, but it really looked like him.

We brought Kneaders french toast to the girlies for lunch.  Ethan is giving the camera his "stink eye."



Ethan and Daddy paid a visit to Uncle Rudy.  We love you, Rudy!

Cate with a few of her friends at Sophie Tholstrum's baptism.

We decided to take a little time off of school and meet Daddy in St. George.  Brady stayed home and slept at Kaden's house.  I thought Brady would really miss us while he was home by himself.  When we got home he said, "It was really nice to be by myself."  Mission Un-accomplished.



We surprised Tammy for her birthday at Lance's office.  And yes, I had to bribe Anthony to wear the dino mask.


Chad loves this burger place in St. George.  I can't remember the name of it.

Somebody was tired.  He fell asleep at the pool.


Playing at the park with Cayson and Colby.  This day ended with a casualty- Cayson ran into a pole with his head.  Good thing there was a fire dept. across the street with ice.

As we were going through the In and Out Drive Thru, I spotted a cute, little raccoon thingy at the check out.  She was sure somethin'.  :)

This "LUCK" sign fell out of Grandma Staker's dresser that is in Brynn's room.  I have cleaned it, sanded it and painted it and never saw this.  Brynn brought it to me one day saying that it fell onto her pajamas.  Thanks Grandma - we sure do need a lot of luck this year.  :)

Our 4.0 students earned a dinner at Tepanyaki.  Unfortunately, our chef was Tepan-yucky.  Needless to say he wasn't having a lot of fun tossing shrimp into our mouths.  The chef next to us had magical mustard with a string, fire-flaming tricks and he even had a miniature Japanese man that looked like he was peeing in the rice.  We got nuttin'!  Our kids kept looking over at the other table having so much fun.  Oh well, it made for a few laughs in the car.

I was honored to be at the wedding of one of my favorite gals in the world - Shanda Smith.  There are a handful of people that I would love to be like and Shanda is one of them.  To know her is to love her.  She is beautiful outside and in.  The day was perfect.  I wish all of the YW could have had a sneak peak at her wedding.



For Valentine's Day, Chad and I joined a lot of our friends for dinner at Mac Grill and then a Date Night with Matt Townsend (marriage therapist).  He talked about having an Heirloom Marriage and what you need to do to have one to pass onto your kids.  It was a great night with my great guy.



The Hansen's invited us to their father's house in Midway.  Rylie is Ethan's love right now.  We were thrilled to have Gage Thornton tag along with Anthony.  We had some mean foosball games.


Cate and Abby

Brynn and Ella

Brady, Dallin and Anthony




On the way home we stopped by President and Sister Robison's home (my mission president).  We ate lemon cookies and watched their dog do tricks with a balloon.

My leg casualty from the foosball game.

Cate has had headaches for the past year and for the last six months, they have gotten a lot worse.  Because she has been waking up crying with a headache, Dr. Spencer wanted her to get an MRI at Primary Children's Hospital to rule out a brain tumor.  The technicians wanted to sedate her because of their policy, but I told them I thought she could do it without it.  And she did!  She was so brave holding still in that machine for 30 minutes.  They gave her special goggles to watch a movie on.



I saw this in the card department.

Long story with Andrea Tholstrum.  To be continued..................

I am the Activity Days leader in our ward with Kelly Davis.  It may be one of my favorite callings ever.  Our first activity, we taught them about organizational skills.

When Ethan gets older I am not sure he will think it is cool that he was wearing Brady and Anthony's underwear.  :)  Ethan is my laundry helper.


Anthony is doing the Knowledge Bowl this year with Aaron Larsen, Jake Rich, Jake Heaps and Aaron Jolley.  They have worked so hard.  Good luck on March 21!

The girls are so nice to play Legos with E-man.

Mighty proud of his tower.

Great job, boys!

I told Ethan to clean up his puzzle.  He walked into the kitchen and told me he cleaned it up.  I couldn't believe he had cleaned it up so fast.  I kept searching for the puzzle pieces and I happened to get a glimpse of a puzzle piece in the heating vent.  I took off the heating vent and he had shoved all of the puzzle pieces down the vent.  First, he took off the vent cover, put the pieces down the vent and then put the vent cover back on.  Did I retrieve all of the puzzle pieces?  No.......no, I didn't.

Ethan has to dress himself everyday.  Right now it is BYU clothes or bust.  He even wears a BYU backpack.  The only shoes he likes to wear right now are hand-me-down Cars rain boots that Cayson gave him.  They are five sizes too big, but that doesn't stop E-man.  I can tell Ethan is my 5th child because I let him wear what he wants.


I found this random picture of me and Taylor Swift having dinner together at Serendipity in New York.  I thought it was blog worthy.

For Activity Days we created Valentine's Pictures.

Kelly Davis.  So great.

We had the missionaries over for dinner.  I had planned to have the missionaries the week before and as we were waiting and the missionaries didn't show up, Chad realized he had the wrong date.  So, we made another missionary meal the next week.  We asked the missionaries if they had any advice for our kids going on a mission.  They said, read the B of M EVERY DAY.  Don't even skip one day.  They gave us a brief message and when they shared their testimony, the spirit filled our home and hearts.  Thanks missionaries!

Ethan's pajamas of choice right now are Star Wars or bust. 




My little Darth

Superbowl Party with Jessica and Grandma.

We made Italian Sodas.



The girls L.O.V.E. when Jessie will play Barbies with them.

What great sisters.  A.K.A. moms.

Ethan was trying to feed the horses behind our house a carrot.

For Activity Days we each shared who our Scripture Super Hero was and then we talked about Super Foods.

Anthony and his soul mate, Gage.

Jonah, Brady, Easton and Kaden.

Lots of boys at our house.

Happy 43rd birthday, Chad!

For Activity Days we talked about the Word of Wisdom and planted plants.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment