"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Disneyworld

After a last minute decision, Chad and I decided to take the kids to Disneyworld because we had sky miles and a free Marriott hotel.  This was on the airplane flying to Orlando.
Our favorite thing on the airplane was playing the trivia challenge.  I saw this screen one too many times!  The only time I would ever win is when Chad wasn't playing.  I had to take a picture for proof!  Chad has amazing random facts recorded in his brain--I don't know how he does it!
We saw this funny crab car and stopped to take a pic.  Pretty clever.
I wish I was just walking in Disneyworld seeing this sign again.  I'll be honest, I don't enjoy coming home after a vacation.  I kept saying to Chad, "Is my life really that bad that I don't want to go home to it?  :)  What on earth do I need to change?"  Geez!
Sitting on the couch at Minnie's house.  Brady set off the alarm in Mickey's house because he leaned over the railing to see if the t.v. really worked.  He was mortified when the sirens went off because he tries to be so obedient.  We razzed him the whole trip that the Disneyworld police were coming to find him.  He started to believe us, so we decided to stop.  :)
Ask yourself this question when you look at this picture:  Do you think the boys wanted to be in this picture?  The answer is:  absolutely not!  I think Sleeping Beauty's charm talked them into it.  This is one of those pics that we can show at their wedding breakfast.
I promise I wasn't drinking at the bars all day long while my kids went on rides--it just looks like it!
Brady at Epcot.  Just look at the lady trying to get out of the picture--classic. 
Yeah........tourists.
We went to a princess lunch in Norway.  The princesses came to our table.  The girls bought autograph books to have all of the Disney characters sign while we were there.
The princesses would giggle with Cate because she wanted to hug each of them.  Cinderella said, "She's a hugger!"

Chi chana wan fietka nee how ku qua ki sur pi ni ku.  
Japan
Morocco
Anthony was so excited to make his Goofy hat purchase--that is all he talked about.  I'll tell you what, it was a hit!  When we went to the Monsters Inc. Comedy Laugh Floor, the monsters interviewed Anthony in his hat.  They asked him, "How long have you been part dog?"  I had no idea what Anthony would say, but he immediately replied, "About three days."  I was mighty proud of my boy that moment for being witty at a moment's notice.  :)

We went to the Animal Park which was our least favorite of the parks.  Brady and I went on the roller coaster Expedition Everest.  It went forwards and then backwards in the dark--crazy!  When we had stopped going backwards and while we were still in the dark Brady said, "Mom, if this goes backwards again, I can't do it."  I said, "Brady, you don't have a choice--we are strapped in!"
Goofy #1 and Goofy #2
You don't see that everyday.



Okay, I was a rock star mother because I waited in this Rapunzel line for an hour while everyone went on rides.  Rapunzel was THE PRINCESS my girlies wanted to see--and she lived up to the hype.  She was darling!  Mission accomplished!  I don't think Flynn was that into Rapunzel...................  :)

Next question: Does Brynn look excited in this picture?  The answer is:  NO!  She had gone on Splash Mountain earlier and was soaked.  I promised her with my life that I wouldn't let her get soaked again.  She had on three rain jackets and a poncho in this picture.  Did she get wet:  NO! 


This was one of the neatest things that we did.  We went to a drawing class with a Disney Animator and he taught us how to draw Donald Duck.  Since then, Brady has been obsessed with drawing characters.  It just takes a spark!
This was at Hollywood Studios--way cool special effects.
We went to a car stunt show that the boys loved.  The girls wanted to leave and see more princesses.  You have to give and take when you have girls and boys.  :)
We had dinner at a 50's diner/home.  Every room had t.v.'s and the waitress acted like she was an ornery aunt.  After we placed our food order, she shouted to the restaurant, "Well, all of these kids said please except for their parents.  You need to work on your manners."  Nice.  That's fun being called out for bad manners in front of your kids........and an entire restaurant.  :)
The Waitress  (I know where she lives. :)

4 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! Love it. It looks like you had a great trip and I would have paid good money to see brady set off the alarm....good money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun! One day we will get the kids there, they still haven't been to Disneyland yet. I'm still working on Mike, he hates amusement parks. Plus I need to stop having babies so I can go on the rides with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I'll go with you, to be a sort of nanny. I would like to do this because 1. Your kids are a blast - and 2. I would love to see all the princesses with brynn and cate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully fun trip! Love it! Love that waitress at the end too.

    ReplyDelete