"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, February 28, 2011

Scouts

Brady received his Webelos last week and Anthony received his Wolf.  I was very proud of my boys for working hard to achieve their goals.  I have to be honest.........I don't really "get" the Scout chant thing that they do.  Brady had just received his award and then we pretended like we climbed a coconut tree and dropped a coconut as we made a bomb dropping sound.  After Anthony received his award, we all stood up and shouted "Every night is a football night.......yeah!"  I have to admit, I am a novice at the whole Scouting thing.  I remember the first night when I saw Chad going to a Scout Meeting.  He was dressed in his Scout uniform and I told him to take it off because he looked ridiculous--like he was trying to be a little boy again.  He informed me that it would be weird if he didn't wear it.  Anyway, I will continue to stand and chant after a Scout receives an award even though I may not fully understand it--at least the boys and men get it.  :)







No I am not pregnant--I just look like it in this picture. :)  I just wanted to stop a rumor before it started. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Brady and Anthony! We are working on Hunter's Bear right now. I agree about the whole Scouts thing, it is all a bit foreign to me.
    Congrats on the wonderful night with Deseret Book. What an awesome event! And I love the ,"I Love You" remark, you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Trevor has made it through scouting - phew. Seriously, I look at families with a lot of boys and think "wow" good luck with scouting. Brady & Ant U Rock! Have you done the thing where they turn the boys upside down to put a pin on them - what is that about?

    ReplyDelete