"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Guys.......I want a castle"

A few days ago I took the kiddos up to Morgan to have a looksie at our new, sweet rental.  :)  It is an old Victorian green castle type thing.  Anyway, after checking out the rooms, there were a couple of spooky things about the house.  Because we all started to get the heebie jeebies, I decided to try and lighten the mood so I took the kids into each room and we named each one.  Here are our pics (and room names) for our rental.
Our kitchen--complete with sheer curtains and a rooster border.  We affectionately call this area "The Coop."
Finished walls..........optional.
This is Brady and Anthony's room.  I won't tell you what they have named it, but I will give you a hint:  It is blue and it is a Scout term.
The "Boogie Man" Door.  You can open this door only one inch and then you hit something and you can't open it any more.  The odd thing is that it is the only door to get into that space.  Yeah........spooky.
Here is a decorating break through.  If you have a door that you don't know what to do with, simply paint over it and put shelves in front of it.
Lights.......optional.
The "flower power" room.  (Photo courtesy of Cate)
Our green castle
More castle
This may look like a harmless patio, but if you look closely, it is actually on the second floor off of the master bedroom.  Railing............optional.  I think it will make a great "time out" area for the kids.  :)
Brady and Anthony loved to go on this deck to scare me to death--it worked!
Brynn and Cate named their room "The Green Alligator."
Every light in this house has a chandelier like this one.  The only problem is that there are only a few light bulbs that work on each light.  See below.
See what I mean?  Six months.........six months...........six months.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool experience - living in a green castle!!! Hope I get to see it this summer!
    ~Krystle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarre! I'm sure you will make the most of it though. Good luck with your move. I'm still wondering why you guys are moving. When I told Mike he said, "what?! Morgan? Why?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....FUNNY. Seriously FUNNY. You know me, I am all about "FUNNY". My all time favorite is Yes, the "Blue Dart" room, I have zero problem with that. Second, the balcony outside your room with no rail. So cool. Have fun and 6 months will fly by :)

    ReplyDelete