"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, June 27, 2011

Why Morgan?

A few people have asked, "Why Morgan?"  Well, this post is going to show a few reasons why we chose Morgan.  Here is our home in Cedar Hills filled with boxes for the move.

This was our last night in our home.  The sunset was amazing--it was a great goodbye night sky.


Cate's last run out of the house. :)
Chad and I couldn't believe that our house looked the same way when we moved in 10 1/2 years ago.

We needed two moving trucks.  I kept looking at all of our boxes and I couldn't believe that we had so much stuff (a.k.a. junk).
This is at our rental in Morgan.  Cate decided that she wanted to meet people in Morgan with her goggles on.  She said she wanted them to think that she was a mad scientist.  She then yelled to her brothers and sister down the stairs, "Hey guys, let's play I am a child of God."  How do you play that?  While we were at a hotel over the weekend Cate said, "Mom, let's get the T.V. turned on because T.V. is very important to me."  :)  She is a hoot.

The girl's new bedroom in Morgan.
Okay........so Morgan has some of the cutest people I have ever met.  It is a REALLY small town and everyone knows everybody here.  This is our local grocery store.  I like to say to the kids, "I am going to JUUU---BILLLLLL--EEEE" with a cowboy accent.  I love that they have a welcome sign to an Elder coming home on their store sign.
This dog was sent from Heaven.  Her name is Stormy and she lives right behind us.  Whenever the kids go outside, she will run up and greet them.  Bless you Stormy........bless you.

Here are a few pics of Morgan.  It is so beautiful and I love that the pace is so slow.  It truly feels like heaven to me.
This is East Canyon Lake (about 15 minutes up the road from our home).
We took our first boating trip of the year to the lake--SO FUN!





There are sheep all along the banks of the lake.  I love hearing their clanging bells.
We are surrounded by rivers everywhere--fishing paradise!

The people are so cute here.  Here is a little drive-by pic that I took of a home here.  On each of the sunflowers is a name of their grandchildren.  One of the ladies in our ward stopped by the other day to meet us.  The best way I can describe her is from the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding."  If you have seen the movie, picture the scene when Kimmy finds out that Julianna is engaged to George.  She starts screaming in the church, runs to Julianna and keeps kissing her cheek.  That describes my new friend, Amy.  She knocked at our door and when I opened it, she saw our family picture and she became Kimmy.  She was hugging me and was so excited because she had two boys and two girls that matched the ages and grades of my kids exactly.  She is the happiest person I have ever met.  So cute.........
More pictures of Morgan.

A common scene here.



This is Brady's favorite part about the move.  Steph's is down the street from our house.  He loves to ride his bike here and get an ice cream cone or a shake.  When I was taking Brady to Scouts for the first time the other day I said, "Well Brady, are you ready to grow?"  He responded, "No, but let's do this thing."  :)  Our kids have been troopers and they are loving the small town feel.
The first morning I walked out of our home I almost had a heart attack.  These cows were right outside the door and were mooing so loud and I wasn't expecting it.  :)

Our rental--the green castle.

Our front yard.
Ant wanted me to take this "Singing in the Rain" picture.
We came down to the city the other day and went to the mall.  We loaded the kids in the car and Chad got in the driver's seat while I opened up the back hatch to put our bags in.  He leaned forward to start the car and we heard a big RIP in his shirt.  I started laughing and called him "Hulk."  He said, "Man, I am getting fat."  Well................
.................as I walked around to get in the passenger side of the car, all of a sudden I heard a big RIP.  The whole back side of my pants ripped open.  No joke!  It was poetic.  Chad and I both decided then and there that we were going to get back on the band wagon and start exercising.  So, here we go! :) YIKES!

6 comments:

  1. Morgan looks like a beautiful place. I love that you're so in love with it already. Good luck with all the new plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting patiently for the "Morgan Arrival" post, and you did not disappoint!

    Loved all the pics of your new town and house, hopefully I'll get to see it for real in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can hear ringing in my pretty little ears is the theme song from "Little House on the Prairie"...And I'm in love. Thanks for sharing so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard about the pants and shirt, I am crying! I love all the pictures of your new town! We wish you the best and look forward to hearing about your new adventures! By the way, I loved your goodbye post with all of your friends. I spent one day with Charmian at DisneyWorld for a cheer competition last year. I would choose her as my friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny about the shirt and pants. Ha, Ha, ... Morgan looks beautiful but I still don't know exactly why you guys moved? :) I always thought it would be fun to live in the middle of nowhere but then I decided I didn't want to spend my day in the car. Good luck you guys! Have fun living in the green castle for now. Maybe we'll come visit you some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing so hard about the ripped clothes!! HEHEHE! Morgan looks beautiful! We cant wait to come and visit. Way cute rental.

    ReplyDelete