"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween!!!

We did Halloween "Morgan Style" this year.  It was a bit different, but very memorable!  There were great things about the day and not so great things.  Here's why:
THE GOOD
1.  Warm weather--yay!
2.  I think I spent $5 dollars on the costumes this year--priceless!  We already had princess dresses for the girls in their dress-up bin (and Cate's was 10 years old and ripped everywhere), but that's what they wanted to wear.  Anthony wanted to be a simple pumpkin and Brady wanted to play it "cool" in middle school so he wore a ghost shirt.
3.  From 3:00-6:00 p.m. all of the businesses on Main Street open their doors to trick-or-treaters.  So, our kids got slurpees, ice cream cones, hot dogs, nachos, prizes and loaded up on candy.  By 4:30 p.m. they were done and ready to come home.  Bless you, Morgan................bless you.

THE BAD
1.  The Elementary School in Morgan didn't have a costume walk--sad.  In fact, they sent a flier home before Halloween that said, "No masks, hats, make-up, wigs, scary costumes, costumes that don't follow the dress code and please don't wear anything that would scare a three year old."  They should have just said, "Just don't dress up at school on Halloween, it will make it easier on all of us."  :)  I saw a first grader that day with a Mario hat on.  I wonder if he was expelled from school...............  :) 

2.   I decided to help out in all three classrooms for the Halloween parties.  My first stop was Brady's school (I forgot that Middle School students are REALLY cool).  I decided to be a fun mom and dress up for the party because that's what the majority of the mom's did in Cedar Hills.  They would at least throw a witch's hat on and call it good.  I showed up to Brady's classroom with a bandana, black eye liner, bright red lipstick, earrings up my ears, about eight chain necklaces around my neck, black boots, and fake tattoos going up my arms.  I walked into the classroom and when Brady saw how I was dressed, he was less than excited to see me.  Not to mention, I was the ONLY mother who dressed up.  Also, I had NEVER met these mothers or Brady's classmates before.  They didn't know if it was a costume or just me.  I am sure that the mothers that were there told their children when they got home that they couldn't go to Brady's house to play.  NICE.....  But, I thought I would be safe when I went to the Elementary School--there had to be mom's in the Halloween spirit..............NOPE!  I was the ONLY mother at both of the parties that dressed up.  I think I scared a few 1st graders and like I said before, the mothers had never met me before.  Needless to say, it was an absolute "FAIL."  Sorry kids!!!!!!  :) 
Cate with her Preschool Teacher, Miss Marta.  We LOVE her!
This is the costume that the kids wanted Cate to dress up as--she declined.
These little beauties saved my life.  They are caramels without the wrapper and I sure needed this time saver because I had to make 60 caramel apples for Halloween.
We had ghost pancakes for breakfast.
Brynn as Rapunzel.

Anthony as the pumpkin.
Anthony liked to do this disguise.
60 caramel apples.
Downtown Morgan on Halloween.
The kids at Larry's Spring Chicken Inn.  (You have to say it with an accent :)
Stef's gave out ice cream cones.
Cate as Sleeping Beauty.
I thought this game was so cute for the 1st graders.  They had to throw a ball of string back and forth to make a spider web.
Brynn with her teacher, Mrs. Adams.
Anthony with his teacher, Mrs. Adams--LOVE HER!!
Brady with his teacher, Mr. Bowler--LOVE HIM, TOO!!!






1 comment:

  1. What?! We don't get a peek at your awesome costume too? : ) I'm sure it couldn't have been worse than my silly snowman. The schools around here have become real party poopers too and don't allow costumes at school. No fun!

    ReplyDelete