"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Grandma Staker

My dear sweet Grandma, Eva Lorene Orgill Staker, passed away yesterday on November 4, 2011.  She was born on December 30, 1919 and she lived a full, beautiful life.  I don't know if grandma will ever realize how much she was loved by SO many people.  There are so many lessons I learned from my grandma--here a just a few:
1.  Grandma taught me to be grateful.
2.  Grandma taught me to be tough.
3.  Grandma taught me how to serve.
4.  Grandma taught me how to love.
5.  Grandma taught me how to work.
6.  Grandma taught me how to be a good mother.
7.  Grandma taught me how to be a good grandmother.
8.  Grandma taught me how to laugh.
9.  Grandma taught me to enjoy the little things.
10.  Grandma taught me to love the Lord and be strong in your convictions.
Grandma with her sweetheart, J. Vernon Staker.  She always talked to me about how she loved his "big, broad, manly shoulders."  I bet she was so excited to look at those shoulders again.  :)
Grandma's parents:  Martha Irene Terry Orgill and Leslie Joseph Orgill.  Grandma only had brothers and she expressed how much she loved them.
Grandma was always there to support.  This was at Anthony's blessing.
Oh how Brynn loved to be with her Grandma Staker.
I love this picture of Brynn standing by grandma while she made her famous pancakes.  When we would visit, Brynn wanted to be right by her.
Grandma and Anthony
Grandma and Brady in front of her famous house in Mt. Pleasant.
Anthony loved to snuggle with grandma.
Grandma's famous golden chair.  I think she had it......well, like forever.......and it was always good enough.  Grandma never needed much.  She only needed family and friends. 
Doing puzzles with the kiddies.
Brynn's blessing.
Yeah........just a cute, spunky lady.
Grandma and Cate



Grandma was always up for a good time.
Cate's blessing.
Grandma LOVED the Jazz and LOVED BYU sports.  I called the Utah Jazz and asked them if they could possibly visit my grandma because she was such a fan (and she was in SLC), but she wasn't able to go to any of the games.  They let me know that they couldn't visit her, but they autographed their pictures for her and sent her some Utah Jazz memorabilia.
Deron Williams was her favorite!
4 generations.





Me and my grandma.



What a cute mommy who raised 6 wonderful children.  They were by her bedside to the very end.


Grandma's wedding day in SLC.
Grandma wanted a picture with Brady because she couldn't believe how tall he was getting.

Everyone wanted to sit by grandma because she was the best tickler on the planet.  Brynn always tried to sit by grandma so that she could get rubbed.  :)
More tickles.





Our last picture with grandma just weeks before she passed away.  I had the opportunity to visit grandma yesterday just hours before she passed away.  The spirit in her room was palpable.  As I laid by my grandma, I noticed a picture of the Savior at the foot of her bed.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that we will see my grandma again because of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  For Him today I am especially grateful.  As my grandma was lying on her bed suffering, she was able to mumble to me the words, "I love you."  I will cherish those words forever.  LOVE YOU BACK GRANDMA!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Grandma Staker...the cutest grandma I know, with the most amazing spunk for life! Michele we are so sorry, she is such a cute lady and your lucky to have so many of her awesome traits! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you could be with your grandma before she passed on and I am so sorry for your loss. You look so much like her in the first picture. You now have a new guardian angel and I know you will make her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss Michelle. I agree with Cari, you look so much like her in the first picture! I enjoyed reading this and learning about your amazing Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Michele! I've heard stories about her here from Megan. What a truly great lady!

    ReplyDelete