"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in Morgan

Well, it's our first Christmas here in Morgan and things are pretty much the same but there are a few differences.  Every year they have a party on Commercial Street complete with a Santa and Mrs. Claus, free food, gingerbread house decorating contest, music and entertainment and an annual lighting of the city tree.  This year Anthony's 4th grade class sang a few Christmas Songs.  Here are a few pics from the evening:
Anthony's teacher, Mrs. Adams

Holding up the Christmas Tree for the song.
Yes.....it was very cold.
The Morganites pulled out all the stops on the gingerbread houses.




This is what Morgan Commercial Street looks like (minus the Santa coming out of the roof).
Love it.  "Larry's bowl of chili."  (Say it with an accent)

I love the word "FREE."
Our Morgan Christmas Tree.
 A few favorite things about Morgan:
1.  There is a party (or parade) for everything.
2.  At Elementary School in the lunchroom, there is a pig bucket where all of the kids scrape their leftover food into to use for the pigs in Morgan.
3.  I love that some kids show up at school in their cowboy hats and muddy boots because they had to do their farm chores before school.
4.  When we pull up to the Elementary School, 5th graders are standing on the curb to open the car doors for our kids and they leave us with the greeting of, "Have a great day ma'am."
5.  We have clean, fresh air when there is an inversion down below.  I love the open fields and streams everywhere.
6.  I love the good, honest people here who are happy with whatever they have.
7.  I love that my kids seem content here and they have great examples of kids who work hard.
8.  I love that Chad loves coming home to a quiet place after a busy day at work.
9.  It is fun that random people at the grocery store will stop me and say, "Looks like your roof is going up today.  It's comin' along, it's comin' along."  I walk away thinking, "Who are they?"
10. Smaller schools with more opportunities.  Life in general just seems slower and less complicated here.

Things that I miss about Cedar Hills:
1.  Family and friends.
2.  Sidewalks.
3.  Temple close by.
4.  Community swimming pool.
5.  Shorter school hours.
6.  Walmart (Yes, Walmart).
7.  Close hospital and doctors.
8.  Kneaders (Because I crave their Turkey, Cranberry, Sunflower Seed Salad)
9.  Closer stores in general.
10.The snow actually melts.


3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is awesome! I can't wait to hang it on my front door. Good job getting them out early oh organized one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that I so enjoyed reading your cute blog and your laugh out loud christmas card! Things I'm grateful for.... getting to have the Carneseccas move closer to us:) I enjoy that we have the opportunity to get to know you and your family a little better. Thanks for sharing and may you and yours have the happiest holidays! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me wish I lived in Morgan!

    ReplyDelete