Well, the word is officially out that we are having a baby boy in April. We are SUPER excited (and a little surprised). I haven't posted any pictures of it because we hadn't told everyone yet. So.......here goes.
 |
| This is how I told Chad we were having a little one. When he saw the package lying on the bed, it took him a few hours to open it. I think he knew what information the box contained and he needed to take a little breather and gear up for it. |
 |
| My niece (Krystle) and I are expecting boys about 2 weeks apart. She is expecting in March and I am expecting in April. Brady said, "Mom, is it a little awkward that your niece is pregnant the same time you are?" The answer was, "Yes Brady, it is a little awkward and a little Sariah-like." My sister-in-law (Melissa) is also expecting twins in May! It is a literal "baby shower"! |
 |
| When I was only 16 weeks along, I had a doctor's appointment. Dr. Arrington said to me, "Well, next month you can find out what you are having!" I replied, "How early can you possibly tell if it is a boy or girl?" He explained to me that sometimes he can tell as early as 16 weeks. I pleaded my case with the doctor and explained that we are building a house and it would sure be helpful if I found out early so that I could plan the rooms in our house. He giggled a little and gestured for me to go to the ultrasound room. After only a few seconds of doing the ultrasound he said, "Well.......it's a BOY!" I was thrilled to know so early, but then I realized that I didn't even have Chad with me! Not nice! I got in the car and called him on the phone and said in the sweetest voice I could muster up, "Honey, the doctor peeked for me. Are you mad? Do you want me to do something cute to tell you or do you want me to tell you over the phone?" He chuckled and said, "It's our 5th baby, what is it?" :) That night, I wrapped up about 15 different sized pink and blue boxes. The kids had to start unwrapping the generic baby paper and then go from box to box--from pink to blue and pink to blue. When the last box was filled with something and it was pink or blue wrapping paper, that was what we were having. They whittled it down to the last blue box and it contained "boy" bibs. Brady and Anthony jumped around the room giving each other high fives and the girls literally started crying. Hopefully they will be happier once the baby gets here. A few hours before my Grandma Staker passed away, I had the opportunity to tell her good-bye and share a few thoughts with her. I told her to take care of my little boy before he comes down to earth and to tell him to be a really good boy for his mommy and daddy. I am sure Grandma Staker will whip him right into shape before he comes down. :) |
 |
| Cate's face says it all. Brynn was putting on a pseudo-grin. |
 |
| The pregos at Thanksgiving. |
WHAT??? Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you! Miss you and your cute family.
ReplyDeleteCan't help but love the look on Cate's face. I remember when I was pregnant with Chase, Michela was convinced the baby was going to be a girl. When the ultrasound technician announced the baby was a boy Michela went, "Yeah, ... hey, it was supposed to be a girl!" She felt like she was getting the short end of the stick. But it turned out all right in the end, with our final tally being 3 girls to 2 boys. :)
ReplyDelete