"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time for a "BREAK"

Last weekend we decided that we needed a "break."  Chad took Brady, Anthony and Cate skiing at Wolf Mountain.  Brynn wanted to stay home with mommy so we went shopping, ate lunch at The Pizza Factory and saw Beauty and the Beast.  When Brynn and I came out of the movie, I checked my phone and I had 9 missed calls.  I checked my texts and there was a message from Chad saying that it was an emergency and they were in the E.R.  Brady decided to have his own "break" and he broke his right arm while snowboarding.  They had to sedate him so that they could reset the arm.  I asked the nurse what they were going to sedate him with and she said, "Propofol."  Nice.  All I could think about was Michael Jackson and the drug that killed him--PROPOFOL.  Thankfully, Brady woke up and he was put in a splint until the swelling goes down.  He will get his cast on Wednesday.  I have been sad that my right hand man is now my left hand man and he can't help me as much.  :(  Anthony is not happy about Brady breaking his arm because he knows he is going to have to pick up the slack.  He said, "Brady, this is the worst timing for you to break your arm."  He said that because we are moving in a month and I have needed more help during the last months of pregnancy.  Cate was so worried about Brady.  When I walked into the E.R., she came up to me crying, gave me a hug and said, "Mommy, is Brady going to be in here forever?"  She then said, "Is he going to have a cast on forever?"  
Brady's top view x-ray.

Brady's side view x-ray.

Cate's first day skiing (riding the magic carpet).

Our cutie pie.

Not too happy with an I.V. in his arm.

Supporters.

Coming out of the anesthetic.

Our date at The Pizza Factory.
Brady coming out of anesthesia-a little loopy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! This is the 3rd kid skiing injury I've heard about this winter--my boys desperately want to go skiing but it scares me! Especially for us since it's gymnastics meet season--a break like that would mean the end of competing for the season.

    Poor guy! I hope he's on the mend quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a sidenote...isn't it fascinating to look at x-rays? Especially my own kids...it's awful having to get one but so cool to look at the x-ray!

    ReplyDelete