I was feeling a little sorry for myself the other day because Ethan was pretty cranky and I felt like I couldn't spend time with my other kids like I wanted. I shed a few tears and felt bad that I couldn't do all the things that I wanted to do. It's funny how the Lord sends people your way to teach you a great lesson. The next morning after I had my pity party, I was standing on my front porch and my friend (Charese Foster) pulled up in front of the house and said she wanted to come and see my house sometime. I invited Charese and her children to come in and look at the house. It's interesting that Charese pulled over in the exact minute that I was on the porch. You see Charese has cancer and it is all over in her body. She also has three young children. She talked to me about how tired the chemo makes her feel and she can't do the things that she wants to do. As I watched her with her hairless head struggling to walk up the stairs I realized how lucky I am to have enough energy to take care of my children. I realized that I needed to stop complaining because I was looking at someone who had every right to complain. I invited her kids to stay so she could go and do a few things at home. It is amazing how much better you feel when you can look outside yourself and help someone else. I was truly humbled and grateful for such a powerful lesson. Thank you, Charese! My favorite part of the visit was when Charese came back to get her kids and she said, "Foster kids......let's go!" It sounded so funny to call her kids "Foster kids" but that is their last name. She said sometimes she will say that to them in a store and people will look at her like she is so rude to those children by calling them "Foster Kids." :)
![]() |
| Here is Charese with her cute family. |

No comments:
Post a Comment