"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lesson Learned......

I once heard a man quote his mother who said, "The world is a university.  When you wake up, make sure you go to school."
So, this year I want to make sure that I go to school.
Because my blog is my journal, I am going to record here when I learn something new.
Let me begin:

1.  I often hear that you should "live your life as if it was your last day."  I totally disagree with that statement.  If I knew today was my last day, I wouldn't do dishes, laundry or even grocery shop.  I would gather up my family and take a sweet trip somewhere.  I wouldn't make my bed, put Ethan down for a planned nap and I wouldn't eat healthy.  I would eat my favorite not-so-good snacks.  So, I better not live my life as if it were my last day because I wouldn't get anything done.  Lesson learned....

2.  I have learned that when the spirit speaks to you, you better listen.  A few times this year I haven't listened and acted and I see the consequences of it.  So, I hope the next time the spirit speaks to me, I will be ready and willing to act on my promptings.  Lesson learned......

3.  When I take Ethan in the shower with me I sit him in our little Bumbo seat.  I usually throw any toy or object his way so I can wash my own hair.  As I was washing my hair the other day I heard him crying.  I looked down and he had the soap pump caught in his mouth.  With his new teeth, he couldn't get it out.  Unfortunately, neither could I.  With a little force, I finally got it out...........but, not without pain and a little blood.  So, I have learned to never give a baby anything that will get caught in his mouth.  Lesson learned......
The culprit.
4.  Cate had to give a talk on the fall of Adam and Eve.  I couldn't remember what she had to give her talk on, so I asked her if she remembered.  She said, "It is on the fall of God's plan."  I realized that I should probably check her talk reminder sheet myself.  Lesson learned.............

No comments:

Post a Comment