"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, November 4, 2013

Morgan Friends

I had a little lunch for my friend, Keri Fawson and her 40th birthday.  She is the same friend who watched Ethan for a week while we went to Lake Powell.  Love her.

Our neighbor across the street (Catherine Butler) is helping Brynn learn to sew and make her own quilt.  She is doing it out of the goodness of her heart - amazing.



Last week of piano lessons with Megan Rose.  It is our last week because we will be moving to American Fork and it is our last week because Megan is about to pop with her Baby Thor.  :)  We will miss you Megan.


 This is Tatiana, one of my art students.  When her mom told her it was the last day of art she started crying and wrote me a note (below).  As she was leaving she gave me a big hug and asked if I would take a picture with her.  Her mom sent me this email which meant the world to me.  I hope I can remember to write nice things to others because it can really make someone's day.  Here is her email:
"Tatiana loves gr8 creates.
I just told her last night about you moving and that today would be the last day.
I cannot tell you how much you have meant to us, but Tiana sat and cried when I told her.
Not sobbing for attention, or a fit like cry.
Just sat on the couch crying softly, with tears rolling down her cheeks. 
It was so tender.
I just sat and held her for a while.

I just want you to know that as little as I know you personally, you have an amazing spirit.
I am so grateful for your influence in my little girls life and feel blessed to have found
You at the right time.

Please let us know any class she can come to up until you leave. She will want to be there."

Ethan loves to watch the video of "What Does the Fox Say?"  When we ask him what a fox says he says, "Ring a ding ding."

Brynn wrote this letter to Michael Buckley, the author of The Sisters Grimm Books.  I thought her note was so cute.  I am going to try to send it to him.


Cate is always writing me notes.  I usually look at them, smile and place them in a special bin of notes people have given me.  I thought it was so funny when I received this note from Cate.  She said, "This time, can you write me back?"  I guess it is true that people usually want you to show them love how they try to show it to you.  So, I immediately wrote Cate a note and placed it in her backpack with a cookie.


This is the note I gave her.


After I gave Cate the note, I received another note on my nightstand thanking me for the note I gave her.  :)

This is the note Tatiana gave me.  I guess she feels that between her mom, me and Tatiana, we will bring about World Peace.  Here's to hoping. 



Because we are moving, we decided to climb the "M" one last time before it snowed.  The kids did a great job.

This is Ethan asleep on one of our daily backpack walks.

We love to go to the river with the Fawson's.  This is such a great swing.




Ethan LOVES Selina Fawson.  She is so good to him.


Keri and I sharing a good laugh.

Ethan and I take walks at the cemetery.  He loves to play in the leaves.

We found Kari Traveller's ancestor in the cemetery.

More pictures of hiking the "M."


Chad was a trooper to carry Ethan on his back.



On the way up, Cate kept trying to pick up heavy rocks and carry them because she thought they were pretty.

My dear, sweet neighbor and friend (Gwen Aimo) passed away this week from ALS.  She was only 52.  I helped with the funeral and here are her three children standing by the quilts a neighbor made for each of them.

Brynn and Gwen had a special connection.  Brynn picked out the colors for this quilt.

My friend, Julie Lewis, and her sister came up to Morgan on several occasions to help Gwen paint.  Gwen couldn't speak, but she could paint.  Her paintings were the last things she left for her children.  Bless you, Julie.



Ethan loves his Brynnie.

This is my college buddy (and earthly angel), Melanie Montgomery Brenchley.  She and her family live in Mountain Green.  They are always so nice to invite us over for dinner.  We can't believe that between the two of us we have 9 kids.  Melanie and I know WAY too much about each other.  :)

Melanie, Porter, Taylor, Eric and Spencer (Steve is in the background taking a picture).

Ethan loves to put the popcorn bowl on his head.  I imagine in a few years we will have to take the lampshade off of his head at parties.  Ha.

Joe and Gwen Aimo.  At her funeral they said that Gwen was always willing to give everyone a second, third and fourth change.  They said she had a gentle strength - what an amazing quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment