Chad surprised us for Christmas and arranged for a Hawaii trip. The Fawson's watched Ethan while we partied on the beach. Bless you, Fawson's. I don't know why my pictures downloaded in such a weird order, nonetheless, here they are. And, here is my first attempt at finally catching up on my life through the blog.
 |
| We stayed on the Big Island of Hawaii at the Hilton Grand Waikaloa. The swimming pool was amazingly huge.....but cold. There were underground tunnels, water slides and a dolphin swimming area. The hotel itself was like a miniature city complete with its own tram to take you around. |
 |
| Outside of the church in Hawaii. It was one of the best sacrament meetings we have ever been to. The testimony of the bishop was incredible and the youth were unbelievable. |
|
 |
| On the plane to Kona. |
 |
| On the plane - I was still having Ethan withdrawals at this point. It left me as soon as I set foot on the beach in Hawaii. |
 |
| This was our favorite beach. It was called Mauna Kea and you had to get their early for parking because they only let a set number of cars in during a day. Chad had read the "Hawaii Handbook" so he knew the in's and out's of our trip. I am SO glad I married a tour guide because I don't like to have to plan my trips. I just like to go and have fun. Chad is our planner. |
 |
| My little goof balls. |
 |
| I simply can't love this picture more.......well, except for the guy in the background. If he was out of the picture I would REALLY love it. :) |
 |
| Mauna Kea Beach. We bought some cheap-o boogie boards (lesson learned). We broke half of them in the big waves. |
 |
| The "man child" and his siblings. (Photo bomb courtesy of Laura Bush in the background) |
 |
| The view from our room. |
 |
| One of the many restaurants at the hotel. |
 |
| Our view leaving the hotel. |
 |
| Walking through Volcano National Park. |
 |
| Look at the huge volcano below - yes that is a volcano caldera. |
 |
| ALWAYS teasing each other. |
 |
| Mr. Tank Top |
 |
| Anthony's glasses kept steaming up from all the volcano vents. |
 |
| The kids were not happy about this picture - especially Ant. |
 |
| We loved going to Mauna Kea beach when there was a RED tide warning because it meant there would be HUGE waves. We each had a nickname because we thought we were so cool in the BIG waves on our cheap-o boogie boards. Some of the nicknames were Hawaii 5.0., Danny Ocean, etc. I had to laugh at Chad because he would sit and look at the waves for 30 minutes before he would get in. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was studying the waves to know how to ride them for the day. I sarcastically said, "Wow. I didn't know you were a professional boogie boarder. When is your competition?" It's a good thing he loves me. :) |
 |
| This picture would be really cute if two big bunions weren't in the picture. |
 |
| Just look at our cute nail polish. :) |
 |
| Red Tide baby. |
 |
| The weather was perfect and the beaches were......well........incredible. Thanks Santa. |
 |
| This is for you Aunt Linda and Uncle Mike. I was missing you so much on this trip that I had to make this heart with white rocks in honor of you. You're welcome. |
 |
| The Dolphin Center at our hotel. Unfortunately, last week we watched the documentary "Black Fish" which makes this part of the hotel seem "not so cool" anymore. |
 |
| The hotel swimming (cold) pool. |
 |
| The hotel water slide. |
 |
| Ant's photo bomb. |
 |
| The view from our room. |
 |
| We heard that we needed to drive to the other side of the island to get world famous donuts. Well, we drove to the other side of the island for a Krispy Kream Donut with sugar on it. Oh well, the drive was beautiful. |
 |
| Look at this place! It is called Waipio Valley where King Kamehameha lived. As we drove around Hawaii, Chad and I kept asking each other what kind of job he could do so that we could move there. Why are we not living there? |
 |
| Yep, I love this tour guide. |
 |
| I took this covert picture of Anthony so I could get a pic of the guy behind him and all his tattoos. He was covered from head to toe. That must have hurt so bad. |
 |
| Hmmm.....I don't know where Anthony is in this picture. I hope he isn't at the bottom of the swimming pool. |
 |
| We made a shark attacking a girl sand creation. We got a lot of comments, looks and pictures. We were instructed that the sharks tail looked wrong so we had to fix it. |
 |
| Can you see what else is in this picture besides these two cute kids? |
 |
| A message from the girls to the hotel staff. |
 |
| There were parrots in the hotel. I am trying to find the picture of when I was attacked by one. I will keep looking and post it. |
 |
| We thought these were really weird outside of the hotel. |
.jpg) |
| As we would drive the coastline, we would pull over when we would see whales spouting. They were everywhere - so cool. |
 |
| Honestly...... |
 |
| This was our favorite restaurant in Hawaii and this was one of the Hawaiian dishes they served. It had hamburger, rice, eggs and gravy. |
 |
| Waiting for the Red Eye flight. |
 |
| Kona Airport |
 |
| Our hot tub. |
 |
| Arriving in Kona. |
 |
| This parrot looks really innocent doesn't he? |
 |
| Attack of the parrot. I am taking one for the team by putting this picture on my blog, but it is too funny. |
 |
| We
went on a walk to see the lava tubes and Anthony accidentally brought
his fountain drink for the entire walk because he didn't know we would be gone for a while. He couldn't find a garbage
can and I was laughing so hard that he had his drink in every picture. |
 |
| Here is Anthony trying to hide his drink for the picture. |
 |
| Brady can't seem to stand still without touching Anthony. Hang in there, Ant. |
 |
| Outside of the church. |
 |
| I don't think I need a caption here. |
 |
| Holy cow, we had a fun trip. Thanks Chad-o. You are the best. |
Okay, here it goes... LOVE Antonio's steamed glasses, I am not getting over the man cub Brady???? when the heck did he turn into BIG BOY BRADY? Your skirt is darling! And last but not least the sand hot tub...brining back some great memories...like Shark Period. Looks like a way fun trip!
ReplyDeleteI just know that my parents are touched beyond words with that tribute you did for them. Touched!
ReplyDelete