"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Monday, June 30, 2014

One day, two surgeries.

It was no joke on April Fool's Day because we had two surgeries that day.  Cate had her adenoids (a.k.a. "asteroids" by Cate) taken out and Ethan had tubes put in his ears.  I took Cate to our E.N.T., Heidi Heras, because she was a loud breather and it just seemed like something was wrong.  Sure enough, her adenoids were really infected.  Ethan has been REALLY slow to talk so I was worried about his hearing.  I took him to many Pediatricians and they said his ears looked great.  I couldn't help but think something was wrong because he was forming his words like he was deaf.  Sure enough, he was deaf.  We took him to Dr. Heras and she looked in his ears and said that he had fluid hiding right by the eardrum.  He didn't even pass his hearing screen.  After he had his tubes put in, he started passing his hearing test.  It will take him about 6 months to catch up with other children his age.  I am SO grateful we live in this day and age where it is possible to help him hear.

At the A.F. Hospital, Cate and Ethan were given their very own donated handmade dolls and quilts to take home.  How cute is that?




Riding out of the hospital together in the same wheel chair.




Always smiling, even before surgery.












No comments:

Post a Comment