At Morgan Elementary School they have a Storytelling Contest among the students from every grade. Each student is required to share a story in front of their class and then the teachers pick two winners from each class to compete in front of their grade. The winners of each grade level compete with their story in front of the school. The winners of the school go onto Weber State University to compete in a Storytelling Competition there. Brynn and Anthony each shared a story for their class and they were each chosen as the winners. Anthony had to do one more round in his class and he was chosen again. So, Anthony and Brynn had to share their stories in front of their grade. Brynn was selected as her grade winner and so she had to tell her story in front on the ENTIRE SCHOOL! If you know anything about Brynn, this was one of the hardest things she has ever had to do..............and SHE DID IT! I have offered many prayers about how to help Brynn the best with some of her anxieties and I was completely shocked that my answer was to allow her to be in the most terrifying situation she could think of and let her succeed. It has given her confidence and now she says, "If I can do that, I can do anything." Way to go Brynn and Anthony!
| Brynn telling her story in front of the 1st grade. |
| Waiting patiently for her turn. |
| I didn't want to embarrass Anthony with the flash, so I took a picture of him sitting down after he shared his story with the 4th grade. He is at the front left. |
| Brynn on stage waiting for her turn to tell her story in front of the school (She is wearing the polka dots). |
| Taking a deep breath. |
That is SO AWESOME! Go Carnies kids! What a heart warming story :)
ReplyDelete