"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What not to say.

 
I have learned that there are a few things you probably should never say to a pregnant woman.  I know this because I have compiled a list of some of the comments I have received this pregnancy.  Hopefully this can help you out the next time you are confronted with a pregnant momma. 
These are real comments I have received:
1.  "Because of your age..........." 
2.  "If you can have a baby at your age, I can do it, too!"
3.  "Haven't you had that baby yet?"
4.  "I can't believe you are still walking around.  When are you due?"  (Not for 3 months....thanks)
5.  "This is a gift, right?"  (At the Gymboree store buying a few items)
6.  "My mom is fat because she is having a baby."
7.  "Was this planned?"
8.  "No offense mom, but you are not as nice when you are pregnant."
9.  "Do you have to eat a lot because of the baby?"
10. "I think you should go for 6 and make it an even number."  (NO!)

3 comments:

  1. Can I add some real life comments to your list just for fun?
    11. "It looks like you are ready to pop!"
    12. "Are you sure it isn't twins? You should ask your doctor for another ultrasound to be sure."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or how about - "Wow this is just like Abraham and Sarah" yes - yes it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one was the best, I get that all the time. The kids think I should have another two so we can beat our friends who had their sixth this year. Let's just say I'm fine not keeping up with the Jones' in this case.

    ReplyDelete