"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1st Day of School

On Sunday night before school we ate apple dumplings and daddy gave each of the kids a blessing.  It was a special night.

Anthony started 7th grade this year at AFJH so he went to school a day earlier than the rest of the kids.  He was able to open his locker, find his classes and make it out alive.  I would call that a success.  I always tell my kids if they can make it through Junior High, they can make it through anything.

This is Brynn's 4th grade teacher this year, Miss Herman.

This is Cate's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Rhodes.

Okay, the "official" first day of 7th grade.

9th grader - I can't believe it.  We just measured him and he is 5' 11".  He has almost caught up to his dad.  Brady's experience as he pulled into Junior High will be saved for the Christmas card - I laughed my head off.  :)

4th grade.  Brynn was tear-free this year so I think we are off to a great start.

2nd grade.  2nd grade wouldn't be complete without the "side bag" Cate had to have.  Pretty stylin', Cate.  Pretty stylin.  Cate said after her first day, "My teacher didn't yell at us ONCE today."  Yikes, has that been happening a lot in the past?  :)

Someone is going to be lonely this year.  Each of the kids chose their first day of school outfits.  I love this picture because their fashion choices displayed here completely reflect their personalities - even Woody below.

As we pulled up to the elementary school, the teachers were lined up in exercise clothes, numbers on their shirts and music playing. It represented the START of a great year. They cheered the kids as they walked into school.

Brynn waiting in the gym to go to class.

Cate was ready to start 2nd grade.  The man in the background is Mr. Ericksen, our principal.  His dad was a coach and teacher at Mt. Pleasant High School.  I talked to him about it and he said he loved to go to Grandma and Grandpa Staker's house and play in the waterfall in the backyard (ME TOO).  His dad and Uncle Scott are great friends.


I took a quick shot of Brynn in her classroom.

Another covert operation capturing Cate in action.

2 comments:

  1. Now I can't wait to hear about Brady's first day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love it. I love Cates outfit...DARLING. Brady..the suspense is killing me. Michele, why can we not be neighbors???? I love you Lucky Charms.

    ReplyDelete