"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to a HERO.



Happy Birthday to Uncle Rudy, a true hero.  This blog becomes our family journal at the end of the year and Michele gave me the chance to write about one of my life heroes.  Uncle Rudy has always been a tremendous uncle, advisor, coach, fishing and hunting buddy, rocket scientist, gun expert, homework helper, father figure and a true friend.  I really can't describe what an inspiration he has been to me in my life.  As you can see in the pictures above he is always smiling and is optimistic.  Although he has had some big challenges in his life I have never heard him complain.  He is a great example of living life to the fullest and not letting limitations get in the way.  
After dad died he was so concerned that Robert and I wouldn't get to do some of the things that we loved to do with dad like hunting and fishing.  Although it must have been a heavy burden on him and his hunting buddies, he always included us and made sure that we had a great time.  He is also one of the smartest men I know-whenever I have needed good advice I have always felt like I could ask him and he would share his wisdom.  He has also always made me feel loved and respected.   Anyone who knows Uncle Rudy speaks so highly of him and respects him.  Thanks Uncle Rudy for all that you do and represent you are a great man and I am proud to call you my uncle.


No comments:

Post a Comment