Well, it's official...........yesterday I was released from being the YW President in my ward. Why? Because we are moving to Morgan, Utah. It was a bitter-sweet day filled with lots of hugs and a few tears. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with great leaders and wonderful YW. I will forever be changed from this experience. When I was released at church, I looked over at Chad and he had tears streaming down his face. I whispered and ask him why he was so sad. He said, "I feel like I just got released." :) Honestly, that isn't far from the truth. I couldn't have done any of this without Chad. He was my rock that I would turn to when things got tough. I also couldn't have done this without the support of my kiddies. Brady really stepped up to the plate and helped wherever he could as I would go to my YW activities. To everyone who has been there for me in ANY way with this calling, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 |
| I had a special luncheon to thank my leaders. |
 |
| Our last Sunday together as YW Leaders. From left to right: Liza Fotheringham (MiaMaids), Mary McDaniel (Personal Progress), Chris Olson (Beehives), Beth Liechty (2nd Counselor), Tracy Brown (Laurels), Chrissie Holmes (1st Counselor), Kim Cahoon (Assistant Secretary), ME, Jen Terry (The new YW President), Andrea Barry (Secretary), Jenifer Anderson (Beehives), Liz Eaton (MiaMaids), Lisa Smith (Camp/Sports Director). Not pictured: Marianne Bezzant (Laurels), Debbie Severn (Camp) | | |
|
 |
| I did a special lesson for the graduating girls. I took them to PARIS. :) |
 |
| This is what Paris meant. I told the girls this was my advice for them as they graduated: Pray, have a good attitude, always repent, they are special and have individual worth, and to serve. I told them that although we would not be together anymore, we will always have Paris! :) |
You are probably the coolest YW president I have ever seen (except, well, my mom). Congrats on all your hard work in YW and the move - both bitter sweet I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
LET'S PARTY!!! I've missed you the past 1 1/2 years. Welcome back. You can still do hard things like go on vacations with me...
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you guys. I can't wait to hear about your new adventures.
ReplyDeleteWow, big changes for you! Guess this means I can't bum rides off you to DB anymore. : ) Best of luck with the move!
ReplyDelete