"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School Mourning (not morning :)

The first day of school is one of the most difficult days of the year for me.  I love being with my kiddies during the summer and I love knowing they are home.  I was so proud of them for being so brave to try a new school and make new friends.  For their first day, I made them each a candy bar poster and Chad gave each of them a father's blessing.
Brady was so tough this year because not only did he move and have to make new friends, but he had to start Middle School.  I think he was looking forward to being a 6th grader in Cedar Hills because he would be the big man on campus in the Elementary.  Here in Morgan, the 6th grade goes to Middle School.  Brady took a big, deep breath as he got out of the car to walk into school for the first time and my heart sunk--I prayed for him all day long.  He had already practiced doing his locker combination about 20 times and he was thrilled with his main teacher, Mr. Bowler.  After the first day, Brady said that he liked Middle School a lot because you can walk around after each period.  He said that the kids at school couldn't have been nicer to him and that the girls were really tall.  :) 
Anthony started 4th grade and he loves his teacher, Mrs. Adams.   Anthony is very flexible and usually loves whatever he is doing.
Brynn started 1st grade and to be honest, she is less than thrilled about her new situation.  She has shed tears every night asking if I can home school her.  As I said in the previous post, Brynn LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to be home.  School starts around 8:30 a.m. and by the time she gets home, it is close to 4:00 p.m.  It is a long day for a little girl, especially one who LOVES to be home.  I am trying to figure out the best thing for her.  I keep asking her if she is bored, if she likes her teacher, if she has made friends, etc.  It all seems to be going well, but she wants her teacher to come teach her at home.  Any ideas?  Help!  Cate asked me if she could go to school for her.  :)  She is DYING for Preschool to start..........dying!

We had a toast after the first successful day at school.
The Middle School is to the left, the High School is just past the Middle School on the left and the Elementary School is on the right.  The Preschool is right by the Elementary.  I love having all of their schools close together.  Chad says the sky is bluer in Morgan.  What do you think?  :)
Morgan Elementary School.  There are a couple of things that we may have to get used to at this school.  #1.  After each student is finished with lunch, they have to raise their hand for the lunch lady to check their tray or lunch bag and make sure they have eaten enough.  Funny....  #2.  The school doesn't have a bell system, so the teachers start when they want and end when they want.  School should start at 8:45, but the bus kids come at 8:30, so many teachers start then.  :)  The best thing about the school?  Small class sizes!!!!!!
Outside Mrs. Heiner's classroom.

Cool cat at the Elementary School.

4 comments:

  1. Our elementary school just started that same lunch program. They now have recess first and then lunch second. I guess too many kids were rushing through lunch, throwing half of their lunch away, and racing out to recess. Hunter says it is dumb, but Chase actually liked the switch. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are adorable! I am so proud of all of them, its always a little frightening starting a new school (I know, I started 4, elementary's). Hope things get easier for Brynn. Love the toast - such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy bar posters and a toast after school??? Oh man, you win the prize for best mom ever!!! (Can I be one of your kids)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of advice on homeschooling should you ever choose to go that route. :)

    ReplyDelete