Brady was so excited for his Scout Camp. He said, "I have dreamed of this day." He got online and found a small survival kit you can make from scratch. When I say small, I mean small. I kept calling him "MacGyver" and he asked me who he was. I showed him a few clips of the show on YouTube and he thought it was pretty lame-o. I then showed Brady clips of Knight Rider, Greatest American Hero and The Bionic Woman (a few of my faves growing up). Needless to say he was less than impressed with my t.v. show selection when I was young. When Chad saw Brady packing everything he needed to survive into an Altoids case, he said, "Brady, you're not a Navy Seal. It doesn't have to be that light." :) Here is the Navy Seal's work of art in progress:
I loved those shows! And I am totally impressed by Brady's survival kit. You've got to show us the final product. My boy's would be so happy with all those supplies. I was having Michela show me who everyone was in One Direction the other day so I could learn all the boys' names and find out which one she thinks is cute and I decided to show the kids the boy bands of my day. New Kids on the Block, Boys II Men, New Edition, ... I was cracking up at their faces when we watched some of the videos. I have to say they were impressed with New Kids dance moves. Too funny going down the nostalgia road.
ReplyDeleteCate is too cute! That is precious how she kept asking "what day it was tomorrow". And I can't believe that Brady wasn't impressed with MacGyver. That was definitely one of my favorites. I used to watch that show every Sunday evening with Riley. I hope Brady enjoyed his scouting trip
ReplyDelete