"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Michele's 40th Birthday Trip - California

For my 40th Birthday, I told Chad that I wanted to plan my own "fun thing."  I was going to plan a trip with friends, but I quickly realized that I would rather be with my family doing something fun than anyone else in the world.  So, we packed our bags and ventured off to California.  We stayed with the Jackmans, visited the Kings, loved the beach and we went to Disneyland.  Unfortunately, we hit Disneyland at the hottest time - it was 103 degrees there.......and it was MAY!  Thank you family for making my 40th birthday one to remember. (My pictures from the King's House and beach pictures were deleted, so I will find others soon.)

Kassidy gave Cate a Palm Springs makeover.

Oh how we love Lori's dog, Daizzy.  Cate said, "Mom, do you think Aunt Lori will let us have Daizzy?"

We cooled off in the pool in the 108 degree heat.

Chillin'.

We went to the Taco Shop with The Jackman's and Kassidy's "friend", Riley.

Hanging out after a delicious ice cream treat.


Riley and Kassidy

Holding up a "4-0" sign for my 40th Birthday.  I love the ages of my kids right now.  They are so fun to go on rides with and do adventurous things.  Thanks Lori and Tara for watching E-Man while we played.


Star Tours - we LOVED the new ride so we went on it three times.

Space Mountain - one of my faves.  Here I am sporting the 103 degree hair-do.




In front of the castle with my prince.

We were laughing when we took Brady on the Winnie the Pooh ride.  When Brady was about three or four we took him to Disneyland.  The Winnie the Pooh ride broke down right in the middle of the ride.  We had to get off the ride and walk past all of the freaky swirls and twirls until we found the exit, so Brady was afraid of the ride.  We told Brady at 14 years old he could finally conquer his fear.  :)


Riding the bus from the hotel.

Cars Land was absolutely incredible.  The line was well worth the wait.  I honestly couldn't believe how creative the designers were.




The kids were so brave and went on every ride (minus Cate).


My family made my 40th Birthday dreams come true as I play the horse race.  I have loved this game since I was a little girl when my dad would take me to Circus Circus.  Seriously, I LOVE it.
We ate at the Grand Californian for lunch and it felt so good to be in air conditioning.  As we sat down, Brady slammed his head into this hard, metal, pointy object.  What are the odds?

The Tower of Terror.  Chad took Brady, Anthony and Brynn on this ride.  I have tried this ride once and that is where I will leave it.

The Cars Ride - I love my do.






We love drawing with the Disney animators.  They taught us how to draw Mickey Mouse.


While we were at the hotel, I took a picture of this picture because I thought it was so strange.  It is a picture of trees being reflected in an office building.  There were pictures like this throughout the hotel.

After Disneyland we went and stayed with the King's in San Diego.  The next morning we went to Coronado beach.  While we were there we were informed that the King's were being evacuated out of their home because of the fires, so we went back to stay with the Jackman's.  Fortunately, the King's home was fine.  For some reason all of my photos from San Diego were deleted from my camera.  :( 




So good to see Krystle, Brett and Piercy.




Eric, Pierce and Ethan.




I thought this was so funny.  Ethan wanted Anthony to put his arm under his chin so he could rest on it while traveling.  What a goofy loofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment