"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Down and Derby

The Pinewood Derby was bitter sweet this year.  Chad had A LOT of pressure building 2 cars instead of 1.  We were fearful that one would do well and the other one wouldn't.  Our fears were confirmed last night at the Pinewood Derby.  After Chad "helped" put the cars together, I was in charge of "helping" with the paint job--that was interesting.  When we took the cars to be weighed, Brady's weighed in at 4.94 and Anthony's was 5.06 and it had to weigh in at 5.00 or under.  So, I hacked at Anthony's car with a drill until it was the right weight.  I was sure I messed up his car.  Long story short, Anthony took first place in his Wolf Den and 2nd place overall.  He took 2nd place to Justin Gray who is the "one to beat" every year.  His dad (I mean Justin :) usually sets a track record every year--I guess that is why he is an engineer.  So, Anthony was thrilled to come in 2nd overall of about 30 boys.  Brady...........didn't.
 Brady sitting with his buddies: Justin, Tanner and Jack
 Anthony's car was the orange one and Brady's car was the green one in the picture.
 Anthony was all nerves.  :)
 Waiting for his turn to burn the track.

1st place trophy.

2 comments: