"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break

It is the week of Spring Break and Chad went to NYC for training for work.  To mask our depression, the kiddies and I decided to do a "little" something instead of moping at home wishing we were ANYWHERE with Daddy.  We went to SLC and stayed at the Little America and toured all of the LDS sites.  I have to say that I love being with Chad and the kids more than anything.  My four kiddies make me laugh harder than anyone.  I feel like I am at a constant comedy club with the things that come out of their mouths.  For example, while we were eating at a restaurant Brynn said while looking at a crayon, "I hate non-toxic crayons!  They break too easy."  Anthony then said, "You would hate them even more if they were toxic ones."  Yeah, little things like that just make my day.
At Sister Dalton's office in the Relief Society Building.
Aren't these flowers beautiful?
We were able to visit with Sister Dalton and Elder Bowen of the Quorum of the 70.  After we had an amazing experience with them Brady said, "Elder Bowen made me feel like I was a person.  He didn't talk to me like I was a child and he was SO nice.  I want to be like that someday."  He then said, "Mom, when you are with Sister Dalton, you feel something so special.  Can you imagine what it will be like when you are with the Savior?"
Funny buddies.  Yes, Cate said that Brady hurt her neck after I took this picture.  :)
Brynn (who is normally my very timid and shy little girl) said while at the Christ-us, "Mom, can I go up and touch Jesus?"  I told her that we can go up there but we can't touch him."  To that Brynn replied, "Well, there aren't any ropes around him."  How true that is--our Savior is so accessible and his arms are stretched out to everyone.  There really aren't any ropes blocking Him from any of us.  (I still didn't let her touch it, however. :)
FYI--there is a new Joseph Smith movie playing at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  It has only been playing for 2 weeks, so you will have to see it.  It basically follows the same outline as the former movie, but there are a few revisions.
Swimming at Little America.  Anthony forgot to bring his swimsuit, so after much coaxing he borrowed a pair of Brady's CLEAN underwear, turned it backwards and acted like it was a swimsuit.  He kept thinking that people were looking under the water with their goggles to see if it was underwear.  I got the giggles pretty bad watching him in his paranoid state (look how he is gripping the towel for dear life in this pic).  We also forgot to bring water toys to play with so we improvised and threw flip flops to each other in the water.  I think we only hit a few people in the face. :)  Good times............good times.

We laughed ourselves silly in the hotel room as we watched a chef on the Food Network Channel.  She was making a "fun" spring lunch that children would love.  She sent the little kids (who were volunteering to be the tasters) off to get ice cream as she prepared the meal.  She made a "fun" cucumber, cheese and mayo sandwich with a salmon infused cream cheese decoratively placed on top.  She then made a "fun" bean salad with red and yellow peppers, green beans and many other beans with about 4 strong spices in it.  She then made a "fun" drink with about every fruit put into a punch bowl.  There was more fruit than liquid.  With every item that she made my kids said they would NEVER eat something like that.  We couldn't wait until the end of the show to see if the kids would actually eat it.  It will come as no surprise that the show ended without a trace of any of the children eating her "fun" meal.  My kids' hypothesis is that the camera crew was filming the children eating the meal and the children started to throw up so they had to edit it and not show it. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you and the kiddies are "hobb- nobbin it" with the big wigs. Our spring break is next week and I was thinking...maybe a day out to McDonalds? I might even throw caution to the wind and not douse them in hand sanitizer after play time, you know, so we can end our break with a case of the "Manila Tummy". Your break really sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Ha, ... Your kids are a crack up, just like their Mom! What a fun time you guys must of had. Awesome experience for your kids to visit with Elder Bowen and Sister Dalton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, I have a picture of Krystle, Trevor and Kassidy on President Hinckley's lap when they were little. They call him grandpa. Seriously, that is a cool experience for the cute kiddies you are raising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya i remember he even got on his hands and knees and gave me a horsy ride, such a sweet man :) sounds like you had fun on spring break! i miss you guys o so much :'(

    ReplyDelete