"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Friday, April 22, 2011

"Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!"

Are you sitting down?  Well..........you should, because you are NOT going to believe this!  Do you remember our dog, Sammy, who ran away 3 months ago?  After he ran away, I bought and sold a dog and traumatized my kiddies?  Is this ringing a bell?  Yesterday morning I was asleep in my bed and at about 6:30 a.m. I heard a scream from Chad in the kitchen, "Michele, get in here now!"  I ran to the kitchen to see what was the matter and Chad said, "Guess who is here?"  With Chad's reaction, I thought I was going to see Elvis in my living room or 1 of the 3 Nephites!  Chad then pulled up our blinds to our back door and there stood Sammy all dirty and mangy.  We opened the door and let him in--we couldn't believe it.  He was wearing a new dog tag and the "dog-nappers" named him "Zeus" but they spelled it "Zues."  There was a phone number and so Chad and I looked it up.  We bathed and cleaned Sammy up and started to take him downstairs to see the boys.  Brady walked in the kitchen and yelled, "SAMMY!"  Brady grabbed Sammy and held him under his chin while he closed his eyes and whispered, "Oh Sammy, oh Sammy."  We then took Sammy downstairs to Anthony's room and he screamed!  After Sammy had a lot of lovin' from Antonio and Brady, we put him on the girl's bed.  Brynn explained, "This truly is a day of miracles."  Cate simply said in a high-pitched voice, "Oh good boy, Sammy.  Good boy!"  It felt like a scene from It's a Wonderful Life. 

I couldn't believe what I was witnessing--our dog came back after 3 months.  I said to the kids, "Who has still been praying for Sammy?"  Brady slowly raised his hand--now that's faith!!!!  :) Anthony ran to the other room, shut the door for a few minutes and then emerged.  I asked him what he was doing.  He replied, "I was thanking Heavenly Father."

After the happiness started to dissolve, I called the police and explained what had happened--he couldn't believe it.  I explained to him that I wanted the children in their home to know that their (stolen) dog would not be back.  I also told him that I wanted to remain anonymous.  The police officer went to the home and called me back with the news.  ARE YOU SITTING DOWN AGAIN?  The police officer told me that the Dog-nappers did take the dog, but the dog ran away from their home and was taken to a shelter.  They had to pay $125 to get the dog out of the shelter, register him and get him new shots.  So, they want ME to pay them $125 to reimburse them.  THEY WANT ME TO PAY THEM $125 FOR STEALING MY DOG!  That's like saying, "Hey, I know I stole your car, but will you reimburse me for the gas that I put in it?"  Honestly...........

The good news is that Sammy is home, safe and sound..........sleeping by my kiddies.  We forgot to take video footage of the amazing scene, but here are a few pics Chad (nice work honey) took during the action.









3 comments:

  1. This is seriously the most most amazing/adorable thing I think I have ever seen in the blogging world, or in the real world, or any world for that matter!
    I love all the detail of the kids reactions, Brady's prayer and Chad's pics.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    Congrats, it really is a day of miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to cry...I am not being sarcastic. I am so happy, I kept waiting for you to say "And we looked closer and realized it was not Sammy after all"...so am glad the story really did have a happy ending. Yeah for Sammy and chad for letting the doggy be inside. loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo crazy! children's book worthy michele... just given you some ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete