"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Clocks

Okay......I have a confession.  I set all of my clocks ahead so that I can "trick" myself into being on time.  But, I know how early every clock is, so if it says, "6:15" I know that it is really "6:05" so I have 10 minutes to sleep in.  Or, I go check my cell phone for the real time.  I have decided to change this habit--I want to live in the present and not try to live so far into the future.  Yep............I'm done with it.  So, if you come to visit me at my house, just know that my clocks are the right time and I will be enjoying the right moment at the right time.  Below are the clocks in my house--notice the different times on each clock (I took these pictures one after another so you can see the difference):
2 minutes fast

4 minutes fast

 10 minutes fast (bedroom clock--nice try)

8 minutes fast (bathroom clock--nice try)

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha...that is funny. I do the same thing and I know that my kitchen clock is 2 minutes ahead. Totally pointless.

    PS: Thanks for you comment on my blog. You are not a loser. Brett's B-day is January 12th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set my clocks 10 minutes fast on purpose too. Totally works at getting me everywhere on time. I used to set my watch 5 minutes fast in college too--was never late to a class!

    Now if only I could meet those other deadlines on time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy all those times make me dizzy. Kass and I do put our car 2 minutes fast. It makes us feel better if we are late we say actually we have 2 extra minutes which usually makes us on time. Maybe you should just do a few minutes instead of 10.

    ReplyDelete