I use the caption "Eight is Great" because that is how many children I had in my home this week. My friend, Kari and her husband went on a trip and so we were lucky enough to have her children stay with us. With my four children and her four, we added up to eight kiddie koo koos. We had so much fun with them. Here are a few pics from our adventures:
 |
| It's a good thing Chad wasn't here for the cookies and milk bubble blowing contest. He would have had a heart attack! :) |
 |
| Go Grace go! |
 |
| Not too shabby, Cate. |
 |
| Air soft gun war with Brady, Anthony and Tyler. |
 |
| Our candlelight dinner. |
 |
| Ice Cream Sundaes |
 |
| The little Picasso (Picassa?) She loved to color. |
 |
| This is where the Ice Cream magic began. |
 |
| The boys slept on the floor downstairs so that they could wake up and play Madden 11 before school. I took these three pictures in consecutive order. I don't think there was much sleeping going on at night. It was more like a midnight wrestling match. Sorry, Kari! :) I woke up to giggles from downstairs every morning. |
 |
| It was Barbie Central upstairs in the toy room. I called it a "Barbie Mecca." Chad called it a "Barbie Hecka." |
 |
| Sophie was not a big eater and so I discovered that she would eat more if I let her eat "Doggie Style." Yes, I put her food on the floor and she would come and go as she pleased. :0) Hey, it worked! |
 |
| Anthony and Sophie's block creation--love the tongue! |
|
| Girl's movie night! Sophie woke up in the morning with popcorn between her toes. She kept pointing to her toes and said, "Owie." I have no idea how popcorn kernels got in between her toes in her sleeper jammies....... and she slept all night. Ouch! |
The Traveller girls were deathly (and I mean deathly) afraid of our dog, Sammy, so we kept Sammy in his kennel in our storage room. At night when the kids were in bed, we would let him roam the house. The girls wanted to sleep on the floor so they could all be together. We kept the doors shut so Sammy wouldn't bother the kids. I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard blood curdling screams coming from Brynn's room. I knew exactly what had happened...........Sammy had nosed Brynn's bedroom door open and was climbing on the heads and blankets of the girls. I ran into Brynn's room to find the Traveller girls on Brynn's bed on their tippy toes. I wish I could go back in time and watch that scene as it happened--pretty funny (at least to me :). |
i don't use this very often but... LOL! the kids are adorable and the whole doggie style is very funny, next time i come over i would like to be served in doggie style as well :)
ReplyDeleteK you are the funnest mom on the planet!
ReplyDeleteEight is great, however, nine is divine. We'll be dropping off our kids on Monday! They will have a blast with you!
ReplyDeleteMilk Bubbles? Eric said he wants to do that. Maybe we could have a milk bubble contest next time we come.
ReplyDelete