"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Friday, January 28, 2011

New Beginnings--"We Believe"

We just had our New Beginnings and our theme was "We Believe" from the 13th Article of Faith.  I was so happy for our YW who received their awards--way to go!!!
We had a simple night for New Beginnings.  We wanted the focus to be on the Savior and not anything else, so we put pictures of the Savior around the room.
My 1st Counselor put words from the 13th A of F around the room--cute!

We gave each girl "We Believe" necklaces.
Sydney is a Beehive and received her medallion.  Her parents called her their "Spiritual Energizer Bunny" because she keeps their family on track by always initiating FHE and Scripture Study.  Way to go Sydney--you are amazing!
Shanda and her Laurel Leaders
Shanda was our first YW to receive her Honor Bee.  Shanda is probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life.  She truly lives what she believes and if I could be her....I would.  :)  I only wish she would wait for my boys to grow up so they could marry her. 
Emily is also a Beehive who received her award.  I appreciate Emily so much because she truly looks out for "the one."  She is our Beehive President right now and she is doing a fabulous job including the YW and making all of them feel loved.
I know I look like a huge beast standing next to Crystal, but spiritually, she towers over me.  I use Crystal as an example to my children all of the time because she is who she is and she loves it.  She honestly doesn't care what anyone thinks because she is happy and confident with herself..............and everyone loves her because of it.  I can't say enough about Crystal and I will miss her so much when she graduates in May. 
My AWESOME YW Presidency (from left to right):  Beth, Chrissie, Me, Kim and Andrea



1 comment:

  1. you have a great yw program with great girls it sounds like! i really love yw and feel connected with everyone that is apart, keep up the good work auntie :)

    ReplyDelete