Okay, here's the question:
What is worse?
A. Telling your children that they will not ever have a dog, or
B. Buying your children a dog and then selling it three days after you bought it?
The correct answer is "B"........selling your dog is WAY worse than just telling your kiddies "No" at the beginning. I know because I just pulled a "B." Why, you may ask? Here's the story:
Our cute, little, low-maintenance dog, Sammy, ran away a few months ago. As I watched my children's despair, I thought I would be supermom and swoop in and save the day by buying another dog for them. We searched breeds and received a few recommendations and decided to buy a Westie. We had a countdown chain on the fridge with a picture of our little dog until we were able to pick him up. It's always magical the first time you lay eyes on a puppy. Our eyes connected and I knew it would be "puppy bliss." WRONG! Reality hit me very quickly as I was waking up 4-5 times a night to take the little ball of love out to go potty. During the day, the darling doggie barked and whined at me constantly unless I was right next to him. I soon realized that it was either the dog or my sanity. I chose my sanity and my kiddies chose the dog. I, however, won that battle and I am now sitting at this computer dogless. Yes, I was sad to see the cute, little white bundle of fur go, but I felt it was for the best. Brady and Anthony didn't talk to me for most of the day today because they were VERY upset. When Brady had to write sentences for his spelling words, every sentence dealt with a dog and getting a puppy ripped right out of your hands (they were actually pretty funny sentences). I told Brady that if he turned that paper in, they would send him to the counseling office and make him lie down on a couch and talk about how his mother ruined his life. :)
| Three Day Charlie |
| Before the trauma |
| This is the picture that I put on KSL that got him sold in 2 hours--bless you KSL Classifieds. |
![]() |
| This is Charlie's Daddy. Isn't he a cutie? This picture is so small because I pulled it off of KSL. |

Seriously??? Oh my heavens...
ReplyDeleteWell, I think pretending like things "get lost in the move" might be worse...
ReplyDeleteI'm not necessarily accusing anyone, I'm saying its a little fishy :)