"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I am grateful for grandparents

I am grateful for wonderful grandparents who love me.  Even though most of them have passed on, I believe they are still near and continue to love me.
I am proud to be a Staker and a Reid.

GRANDMA AND GRANDPA STAKER
Grandpa was a quiet man with goodness running through his veins.  He loved to serve others and was a very hard worker.  My favorite memory of Grandpa was when he would laugh so hard that his false teeth would come out.  Grandma Staker loves life and at 90 years old, she hasn't missed a beat--she is still "with it."  Grandma is a great cook and loves to take care of others.  She has an adventurous spirit that I love.  My favorite story about grandma is when she licked a cold steering wheel while waiting for my grandpa to come out of the cafe on a cold, wintry night and her tongue got stuck on the steering wheel--too funny!


GRANDMA AND GRANDPA REID
 Below is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Reid.  Grandpa Staker was also a quiet man and he was very strong.  He loved his family and his grandkids.  Grandpa passed away when I was very young, but I remember when he worked on the railroads at night and he would blow the whistle on the train to let us know he was thinking about us.  Grandma Reid passed away when I was about 4 years old.  The two memories I have of her is when she let me blow out her birthday candles and when she let me wash the dishes when nobody else thought I could-or should.  Thanks for believing in me, grandma!

3 comments:

  1. Thank heavens for grandparents! I hope I can be like them someday. Grandma Reid died in July 77 so you were three I think. Do you have memories of her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right--I was three. The only memories I have of her are the ones I listed. I wish I had more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read her letters to her Dad and you will connect even more, Krystle loved reading them. Maybe you already did.

    ReplyDelete