"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am thankful for friends who make a difference in my life....

This "thankful" list goes out to the women (girls) in my life who have made me be a better person, helped me to rethink bad decisions and supported me in good ones, stood by me through tough times and are friends that I look up to in so many ways.  These are women who I owe so, so much for their amazing examples and true friendship.

KARI TRAVELLER
 Let me just start off by saying that Kari could have made my "funny list" because she is a hoot!  But, she is on this list for many reasons.  Kari was one of the first neighbors/friends that I met when I moved here.  Kari and I have been through a lot together--babysitting kids, rolling eyes at each other at church :), and giggling at just about anything.  Kari made this list because when I think of the word "STEADFAST," I think of Kari.  She ALWAYS does the right thing no matter what the stakes.  She has a gift of keeping everything into perspective.  She is a natural leader because knows where she is going.  Kari is a wonderful listener and she is probably one of the best mothers I have ever met--she is fun, smart, a great homemaker and she teaches her children to obey and do what is right.  Kari and I see "eye to eye" on just about everything, so we relate with each other very well. She has taught me so much about just being a great person.
Love ya, Kari!
  

LYNDI CALLISTER
If you were to ask my kids who their 2nd mother is, they would say, "Lyndi--for sure."  She truly has been a 2nd mother to my kids.  I wish she could raise my kids because when I think of the words "PATIENCE AND SERVICE," I think of Lyndi.  Our families were back door neighbors for years and we shared a gate between our two homes.  Anytime there is a gate between two neighbors, it's code for "We're tight friends."  Lyndi and I talked with each other almost every day for 10 years--and our children played together almost every day for 10 years.  It was the type of friendship where we left our doors open for our kids to run back and forth to our homes--it was Mayberry.  The Callisters moved this summer to Tennessee and it truly has been like a death for our family.  But, on a happy note, I am writing about Lyndi because she is one of the best people I know.  She is ALWAYS serving the Lord and serving others.  She remembers EVERY birthday, every event and every story.  After she moved, I told Chad I might have to talk to a shrink and go on a antidepressant because Lyndi was my sounding board.  :)  We wore similar outfits one day and so we made a cheerleading pose in the picture below.
Miss you, Lyndi!  Love you!
 KAZIAH PACK CHANG
Kaziah and I met each other in the Missionary Training Center.  We were both going to Mexico on proselyting/nursing missions and she was my first companion.  The first day we met each other, we were crying in the eatery because of laughter--she is another funny one.  When you are in the MTC, there are a lot of funny things you can talk about.  :)  Kaziah was a wonderful missionary and she is an even better friend. When I think of the words "CONSISTENT AND RESILIENT," I think of Kaziah.  She has taught me a lot about getting back up when you get knocked down and keeping a happy, positive attitude through life's journey.  Kaziah has a smile that can light up a room.  We have been through a lot together and I have learned SO much from her about life.  She will always be dear to my heart for all that she has taught me.
Love you compita chula!

JENNY TERRY CALL
I have known Jenny since the 4th grade.  We were in the same schools growing up and church wards together--we pretty much grew up together.  We played together when we were little, we were co-captains of the volleyball team our Senior Year of high school and we were roommates at USU.  In the 25+ years that we have known each other--playing together and even being roommates--I can honestly say that I have never seen Jenny be angry, mad, mean or say a bad word about anyone.  SERIOUSLY!  When I think of the word "LOVE," I think of Jenny.  Jenny is kind to everyone and everyone loves to be around her.  I have often told Chad that Jenny is the most Christlike person I have ever met.  I hope I can be filled with her same love and happiness one day.  When I picture Jenny, I picture her with a smile on her face.   She truly is one in a gazillion.  
Love you, Jenny! 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I think I would rather be funny. JUST KIDDING..they sound cool and I know deep down they must be funny because you would not be friends with them if they weren't!

    ReplyDelete