"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am thankful for great teachers

My list wouldn't be complete without thanking teachers that have made a difference in the lives of my children.  My children have had MANY great teachers, but the ones on this list have an extra special "something."  Here are a few of our all-time favorite teachers:

MRS. EMPEY
 Okay...this was Halloween (Mrs. Empey doesn't normally dress as a baseball player in class).  Mrs. Empey (Brady's 5th grade teacher) is one of those teachers that you pray your child gets-she has changed Brady's life this year.  Mrs. Empey has the largest class in the school, but you wouldn't know it.  When you walk in her classroom, it feels like a college classroom--the kids are on task and working with respect.  She has total control of the classroom--not by force or anger--but because of respect.  Brady's handwriting has improved so much this year.  I asked him why and he said, "Because Mrs. Empey expects it out of me."  Boy.......these kids will rise to the occasion when given the opportunity.  She really should be nominated as teacher of the year--she is amazing!!!

MRS. RICHEY
 Mrs. Richey has been "our" kindergarten teacher because she has taught Brady, Anthony and now Brynn.  Mrs. Richey has more patience than Job--honestly.  When I was the room mom for her one year, I had the kids fill out a questionnaire about her during "Teacher Appreciation Week."  One of the questions that I asked on the survey was, "What makes Mrs. Richey mad?"  The comments astounded me.  They had replied, "Nothing" or "She never gets mad."  Now that is a gift if you are teaching 5 year olds all day long.  She is patient and consistent--I love that!


MRS. WADDEL
I'm sorry her black feathers got in the way, but  Mrs. Waddel is anything but a witch.  She has taught Anthony, Brynn and Cate in Preschool and she is very loved by them.  When you walk into Mrs. Waddel's classroom, you feel peace, love and safety--what more could you want for your preschooler?  She has a gentle kindness that I hope to develop one day.  I wish every child could start their life with Mrs. Waddel in it.  We love you!


MRS. JENKINS
 I think Jandora Jenkins is more than a teacher-she is a magician.  Jandora has taught Brady and Anthony in Preschool and she has taught Brady, Anthony and Brynn how to read.  She has a gift for teaching children and it is truly because of her that my children read well--I give her all the credit.  When you look up organized in the dictionary, you will find Jandora's name next to it.  As I have watched her teach, I have tried to figure out what her "magic" with the kids is and I think she explains things so well and in detail to them, they know exactly what to do.  We are the biggest cheerleaders for Mrs. Jenkins!   J-E-N-K-I-N-S!  GOOOOO Mrs. Jenkins!  We love you!


MRS. WATKIINS
 Mrs. Watkins was Brady's 4th grade teacher and she made this list because she truly knows how to combine "fun" and "learning."  Brady loved going to school because she was highly entertaining and because he learned so much.  Because of her, Brady realized that learning is fun.  Mrs. Watkins is the first teacher to throw out a high five to the boys or joke with the girls.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment