"Luck is believing you're lucky."

"Luck is believing you're lucky."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am thankful for funny people

Okay, this might be my favorite post EVER because I LOVE funny people.  There are so many funny people in my life, but the ones who made this list are people who are the "spew your milk across a room" type of funny.  So, if you have made this list, please consider yourself distinguished, honored, immortalized and definitely one of my favorite people on the earth.  Chad thinks I may put too much emphasis on if someone is funny or not because one of the first things I say after I meet somebody is, "They were funny," or I say just the opposite when we get in the car, "Boh.....ring."  I have thought about his accusation and..........nope..........funny is the new black!  :)
P.S.  If you are not on this list and you think you are funny, it is because you are on or will be on another "list."  Your turn is coming!  :)  I had many friends/family that overlap in many categories.  
Stay tuned!

JAMIE SAVAGE
This "funny list" would not be complete without Jamie Savage on it, but any "funny list" would not be accurate if Jamie wasn't the FIRST one on the list.  I don't know how she does it, but EVERYTHING that comes out of her mouth makes me giggle.  Sometimes she will say something and I will think to myself, "Did she just say what I think she said?"  Usually she said what I thought she said and then I spew my milk across the room because she is so funny.  Jamie will dare say what most people wouldn't and she gets away with it, well.........because she's so stinkin' funny!  Jamie, I know you are reading this and grinning ear to ear that you took the #1 spot because I know you put as much emphasis on people being funny as I do!  :)  From throwing game pieces to cooking like a "Savage," Jamie is a good time.  Besides being funny, Jamie is a dear friend/cousin (by marriage) and she literally makes me smile as I type this.  Thanks for being a ray of sunshine in my life and a piece of "humble pie."  
Love you, Jame!


KIRSTEN LINDSEY BERHAN
Have you ever had a college roommate that knows WAY too much about you?  That is Kirsten.  We were roommates at USU by default-we didn't know each other at all.   I remember the first time we saw each other in our apartment--I was wearing pink and bows (so she tells me) and she was dressed in a tank top and running shorts while wearing a red bandanna on her head.  I thought she was going to kill me in my sleep and she thought I was going to make her play barbies all night. :)  We definitely seemed to come from different solar systems, but after we got to know each other, we realized we were destined to become friends.  I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I spent in that college apartment because I was up all night laughing with her.  I will never forget going to a grocery store with her.  Kirsten was wearing a cowboy hat and so she decided to act as a cowboy that day.  After we did our shopping, she got in a shopping cart and held onto the rear bumper of my car while I drove around the parking lot.  While we were driving around, I thought it would be funny if I hit a few little bumps-just to give her a fun ride. :)  Little did I know that the little "bump" was a big pot hole.  After I went through it, I immediately looked in my rear view mirror and Kirsten and the cart were flipping end over end.  I slammed on the brakes, got out of the car and asked her if she was okay.  As she was lying on the ground, she started laughing and said (with a cowboy voice), "That horse bucked me off!"





JENEIL MORRILL
Jeneil and Mike were our neighbors in our first house after Chad and I were married--they were the BEST thing about the area we lived in.  Right, Jeneil? :)  One of my favorite things about Jeneil is that she has ZERO tolerance for drama or dramatic people in general.  She has probably one of the most "worry free" personalities I have ever met-and I LOVE that!  If I ever need a good "reality check," Jeneil is who I call.  She can do a darn good impression of..........anyone.  For Halloween this year, Jeneil dressed up as one of Warren Jeff's wives.  She had the hairdo, the dress, apron, the whole enchilada.  That is why she is my friend and why she is on this list--because of stunts like that!  :) I love to talk to Jeneil because her favorite thing to say when you tell her something is, "Dang!" and then she follows it up with a laugh.  I love it!


PHIL VANDIJK
Phil is a great friend from high school and our families are still friends today.  If you don't think Phil is funny, you probably don't have a pulse.  If I ever sent you a hilarious email, it more than likely came from Phil.  Phil is not inhibited by......anything.  He says what he wants to say and that is why he is loved by everyone.  We were Debate Partners in high school.  Our teacher had a cupboard full of used binders that we could choose from to put our papers in.  We found two old folders that had the church's logo engraved on the front of them.  We decided to use them as our folders because we figured we could use all the help we could get--it didn't help!  We were ridiculous debaters.......but we sure had fun!  Instead of sticking to the issues at hand, we would just make fun of the opposing team.  :) 
For Halloween this year Phil dressed up at "Bob Ross, the Painter Guy" as portrayed in the photo below.  Too funny, Phil! 
 

MELANIE MONTGOMERY BRENCHLEY
I affectionately call her "Canada Face," "Kermie Pants" or just about anything I want to.  :)  Melanie and I went through Nursing School together and it was because of her that I made it out with a little bit of sanity.  Whew--she is funny!  We had many late night study sessions that turned more into laugh sessions than studying.  They say laughing is healthy--thanks for increasing my life span, Mel!




KELLI KIRKPATRICK
Kelli and I met as nurses on Pediatrics at the hospital.  We worked the night shift together and boy..........those kids had some fun on our shift.  I am surprised our patients wanted to go home the next morning after the circus we put on for them that night!  Ha ha!  :)  I love hearing Kelli's stories because you can't believe they are real.......but they ARE!  One of my favorite stories about her was when she got her red hair cut and she thought she looked like Ronald McDonald.  If you get a chance, ask her to tell you any one of her life stories--they are hilarious!  The "Ambien" story is up there, Kel.

3 comments:

  1. Dude...I am a ROCK STAR! I am going to tell everyone to read this post because I am FREAKING FAMOUS! I mean, I guess this means you want me to move in next door or something. Michele you really do rock and I am happy for your good, good humor especially SHARKS.... PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh no! You put Jamie as #1? We're never going to hear the end of it. Now at our family get togethers we're not only going to hear "I'm the cute one", but now, "I'm the funny one too!" Oh well, if you got it ya got it- right Jamie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Deborah! I may have just created a monster! Ha Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete