There are only a few people in your life who understand you completely--mainly because they were basically raised the same way you were. The next people in my life I am grateful for are my brother and sisters.
Here's why:
KIM
Kim is my oldest brother. Below is a picture of him goofing off--a favorite past time of ours. Kim is very talented and has amazing abilities. He likes to laugh, tease and have fun but he is very generous and would do anything for you. He truly cares about others and tries to support my family whenever he can. When he went on his mission, I was only in 1st grade. I remember laying on our couch in Vernal and playing the song "Heartlight" (over and over) by Neil Diamond while I cried because I missed him. Even though he called me the "Michelin Tire Man" when I was little (and gave me a complex), I still love him! :)
LORI
Lori is my oldest sister and she lives in Palm Springs. I think I would have to be on Prozac (Lexapro...sorry, Chad) if I didn't have her. She is an amazing listener--not just to me, but to everyone. She is one of the funniest people on the planet and she sure knows how to have fun--and travel! Right now, she is bothered with a ringing in her ear and I am thinking it might be because I have talked her ear off! :) When Lori does something, she does it right. She is very talented and tries to take care of everyone around her--including me! She took me everywhere with her when I was little. Lori says what she thinks and so you always know where you stand with her-I love that! Even though she locked me outside when I was little in my underwear while laughing through the glass at me, I still love her! :)
TAMMY
Talk about someone who understands EXACTLY how you grew up--that's Tammy. We were "Bosom Buddies" when we were little and we literally did EVERYTHING together. From tubing in the backyard, to walking across a very dangerous pipe with a ravine below, to having bath time memories (you know what I mean, Tam), and sleeping in the same room together-we were together. I always knew Tammy was there for me--and she still is. Tammy is the type of person who will do what you want to do instead of doing what she wants to do. When we were little, I would say to her, "If you don't play what I want to play, I am not going to play with you." So, she patiently played what I wanted and even watched Mr. Rogers with me. She is a creative genius and is a hard worker. Even though she punched my arm to see if it hurt after I got my Kindergarten shots, I still love her!

Hiya Michele! So glad you found my blog. Who else has blogs out there? What a cute family you have. So glad I can keep in touch with you guys through blogland. Sorry I missed out on the amazing fireside, darn sick kids. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea of helping us to remember to be thankful and celebrating those you love, especially during this thanksgiving season. Thanks for being an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out - although, I look like I am in Twilight on Edwards side and I would really like to be Team Jacob - I need a tan I guess. On another note it's weird to me that people don't say what they think, that means there are a lot of people walking around not really telling you the truth, I know there is a way to say things in a more subtle tactful way but basically everyone is just telling you what you would like to hear and that sounds really gross. Keep it real for me please - if my hair is not looking right or I need something please do tell. Who else is going to tell me that I need my nose hairs trimmed???
ReplyDelete